The Student Room Group

Guys advice needed!!

Right basically...just kind of want to know hoe you would respond in this situation- guy code etc.
Right, so say your mate said he was into a particular girl but hadn’t yet made a move but you being his friend also liked this girl, and she was showing interest in you and not your friend- would you disregard your guy friend and go for it or reject/turn down the girl?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Right basically...just kind of want to know hoe you would respond in this situation- guy code etc.
Right, so say your mate said he was into a particular girl but hadn’t yet made a move but you being his friend also liked this girl, and she was showing interest in you and not your friend- would you disregard your guy friend and go for it or reject/turn down the girl?
I'd be quiet about it, let whatever happen with the girl, and be careful not to rub it in if he finds out. If she and I ended up together I'd tell him quietly about it.
Original post by Anonymous

I've been in this position before! My best friend liked a guy we were friends with and he always made it clear that it was never going to happen even though she was obsessed with him. I had always been a lot closer to this guy though on a friendship level and over time he started being suggestive that he liked me and i started to like him in this way until the point that we went on a date. My friend was really upset and at the time i knew i was being selfish but i really liked this guy and i know for a fact that if i was in her position I wouldn't stop somebody being with someone just because I wanted them for myself- especially if they'd made it clear that they'd never see me like that. I say go for it just make sure shes not playing you off against each other because thats when its unfair and when the problems start. It was worth me being selfish because my friend soon got over it and realised that I was better suited to the guy than she was and three years later I'm still with the guy and i know i'm going to marry him... sometimes in life it is okay to be selfish

if this helped plz give me rep!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending