The Student Room Group

sex is not love and love is not sex

How can I explain myself.. For me sex is just physical form of pleasure. It feels good, people do it because it’s a need, lust, desire.. it’s not proof of a love. So when I truly love someone I don’t want sex it doesn’t make me horny when I’m with them. I just want cuddling, hugging etc these things are way more intimate for me then sex. How can I change my view on it? There is no way to live like this because no partner would be without sex
I have a similar view, any advice on how to experience this
Original post by Anonymous
How can I explain myself.. For me sex is just physical form of pleasure. It feels good, people do it because it’s a need, lust, desire.. it’s not proof of a love. So when I truly love someone I don’t want sex it doesn’t make me horny when I’m with them. I just want cuddling, hugging etc these things are way more intimate for me then sex. How can I change my view on it? There is no way to live like this because no partner would be without sex

Couple of things:

1) How old are you? If you're younger, then don't sweat it. It's totally normal. If you're older, and you don't like sex at all, then there may be some issues with having a partner. If you're older and you just want no-strings attached sex and your partner doesn't interest you, then that's very different.

2) How long has this been an issue?
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Couple of things:

1) How old are you? If you're younger, then don't sweat it. It's totally normal. If you're older, and you don't like sex at all, then there may be some issues with having a partner. If you're older and you just want no-strings attached sex and your partner doesn't interest you, then that's very different.

define 'younger' and 'older'

Surely it is not a requirement in a thriving relationship. It often helps to resist in the beginning to see if there is a genuine emotional connection rather than it being just physical.
define 'younger' and 'older'

Surely it is not a requirement in a thriving relationship. It often helps to resist in the beginning to see if there is a genuine emotional connection rather than it being just physical.

Aren't you the same Anonymous #2 who was asking for advice on how to experience this?

If you're asking for advice and then arguing it, then you really just want to have a moan and you should probably say "I don't want advice. Just a moan." :wink:
Couple of things:

if im younger i dont have to think of it?
if im younger i dont have to think of it?

Potentially. If you're under eighteen, there's a whole host of reasons for this.
Aren't you the same Anonymous #2 who was asking for advice on how to experience this?

If you're asking for advice and then arguing it, then you really just want to have a moan and you should probably say "I don't want advice. Just a moan." :wink:

Share the advice if you have any
Reply 8
Couple of things:

wtf im not underaged. I’m 21 years old. I had relationship with a guy for three months, but it was all physical i was attracted to him so I was having sex with him. I just dont think that sex is about love i’m so mad about it why people connect it to love when it’s about calming down your hormones, needs. It’s just about being horny, desire, lust..
wtf im not underaged. I’m 21 years old. I had relationship with a guy for three months, but it was all physical i was attracted to him so I was having sex with him. I just dont think that sex is about love i’m so mad about it why people connect it to love when it’s about calming down your hormones, needs. It’s just about being horny, desire, lust..

Fair enough. Okay, so what's the problem? You want a relationship with all the emotional support and none of the sex? There are guys who will agree to that, desperately hoping that it will turn in to a physical relationship, then be completely shocked when you meet another guy you go have sex with.

Or is there some problem I'm not seeing. Have you sworn off sex?
Fair enough. Okay, so what's the problem? You want a relationship with all the emotional support and none of the sex? There are guys who will agree to that, desperately hoping that it will turn in to a physical relationship, then be completely shocked when you meet another guy you go have sex with.

Or is there some problem I'm not seeing. Have you sworn off sex?

bro youre removing her cause to ask this question. its good but wait

I think it's an individual thing. IMHO, there's are differences between making love; having sex and f**king.

Making love is all about that exclusive intimacy between two people who love each other. It's as much about you working to please your partner as it is getting your own needs. Also combined with lots of hugging and sweet-nothings etc. etc. Having sex is more about doing it for a need, or to satisfy an urge... IMHO, this equates to something like a one-night-stand following a night out, or a "quickie" down a dark alley lol. On the other hand, f**king is when you're really going for it, and put a lot of energy into it like in certain "Adult Art" films lol.

Although you may nto connect it to love, some people clearly do; hence why there are some who only ever have sex in meaningful relationhsips, they make their partner wait for it, and they never indulge in one night stands.

I remember when I was in Uni, I was queuing up and I heard this couple behind me, and the girl proceeded to say out loud that he was the best sex she's ever had, and how amazing it was... and how sex is so much better in a relationship. The poor guy was cringing and had this look about him as to say "FFs woman, will you just shut up and listen to yourself for a second?"

It made me chuckle lol :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending