The Student Room Group

will bad EPQ grade affect uni applications?

So my sixth form forces us to do the EPQ - like we have to do it and there's absolutely no choice.

I was just wondering - if I were to end up doing bad at EPQ e.g. grade C or lower, would it look bad/ affect my uni applications?

I'm probably going to apply for engineering at top uni e.g. Oxbridge, imperial etc. but if I have all the right grades (e.g. A*s and As), will a bad EPQ grade affect anything.

It just really sucks as I hate doing the EPQ and it's just adding so much stress and I have less time to focus on stuff that actually matters.
Original post by peacheyroses
So my sixth form forces us to do the EPQ - like we have to do it and there's absolutely no choice.

I was just wondering - if I were to end up doing bad at EPQ e.g. grade C or lower, would it look bad/ affect my uni applications?

I'm probably going to apply for engineering at top uni e.g. Oxbridge, imperial etc. but if I have all the right grades (e.g. A*s and As), will a bad EPQ grade affect anything.

It just really sucks as I hate doing the EPQ and it's just adding so much stress and I have less time to focus on stuff that actually matters.

Imo you should be checking to see if the unis you intend to apply to take into account an epq. You could consider an artefact. If they dont take it into account then the need to do one is diminished imo. I dont see getting a poor grade does you any favours. Might not count against, but really imo you will need an A. You pick the subject so you should manage it. If they do tic it cna get your offer reduced by a grade.

I would look at the entry requirements for the courses you are interested in and then take it from them as to how relevant it is. It shouldnt be compulsory that is dumb. See whether you need it first and potentially get parents involved.

Quick Reply

Latest