The Student Room Group

A year and a bit left of state school, what do I do? State/grammar/private opinions..

Hey there,

so I don't know if anyone reading this is at a state/private school or went to one in the past, but here's the thing:

*I am working my ****ing ass off to get out of this school and into a better one.
*I literally have no friends here.
*I basically cannot live my life at my current state school because of stupid, idiotic behavior that other pupils find entertaining to watch on me.
*I have big expectations for myself, and I am trying to make them happen.

So I have a year and a bit left for this current state school, and then i'm off to a private school.

Wtf do I do in the time? I don't have anything to enjoy here and I want it to go really quickly.

I also want to know, which types schools you went to and what you thought of them and which one you think is best for you.

xx
Original post by queenmeelzx
Hey there,

so I don't know if anyone reading this is at a state/private school or went to one in the past, but here's the thing:

*I am working my ****ing ass off to get out of this school and into a better one.
*I literally have no friends here.
*I basically cannot live my life at my current state school because of stupid, idiotic behavior that other pupils find entertaining to watch on me.
*I have big expectations for myself, and I am trying to make them happen.

So I have a year and a bit left for this current state school, and then i'm off to a private school.

Wtf do I do in the time? I don't have anything to enjoy here and I want it to go really quickly.

I also want to know, which types schools you went to and what you thought of them and which one you think is best for you.

xx

I went to a state school and worked hard to get good grades. I enjoyed the earlier years of school but then it was a case of count down the days in the last couple. I loved learning though and still do, it was just the environment. Looking back I’d probably have gone to a different school if I’d had the choice but I am glad I managed to work as I did and make the best outcome.

I think this applies to you. You can go to the best school in the country or the worst but at the end of the day it’s what you yourself put into it that counts. If you’ve got a teacher who isn’t so great and there’s gaps in your knowledge, it’s up to you to fill them, because at the end of the day it’s your name accompanying that grade, not your teacher’s.

If you need to talk you know where I am :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
I went to a state school and worked hard to get good grades. I enjoyed the earlier years of school but then it was a case of count down the days in the last couple. I loved learning though and still do, it was just the environment. Looking back I’d probably have gone to a different school if I’d had the choice but I am glad I managed to work as I did and make the best outcome.

I think this applies to you. You can go to the best school in the country or the worst but at the end of the day it’s what you yourself put into it that counts. If you’ve got a teacher who isn’t so great and there’s gaps in your knowledge, it’s up to you to fill them, because at the end of the day it’s your name accompanying that grade, not your teacher’s.

If you need to talk you know where I am :smile:

Thankyou xx I'll pm you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest