The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Maths, Econ, Chemistry

Hi

Just wondering if Maths, Econ and Chemistry would be a good combination if I were to apply to LSE doing an econ degree?
Original post by Ishaquk
Hi

Just wondering if Maths, Econ and Chemistry would be a good combination if I were to apply to LSE doing an econ degree?

You'd have an ok chance if your grade are good.
The only issue is that you don't have Further Maths - everyone I know at LSE doing Econ did further maths.

Was FM an option at your school? (you have to get your school to say in your reference when you apply to LSE) If it was, and you didn't take it as a fourth subject, they may look down on that.

(If you take maths & FM, you have to take 2 other A-levels - they don't accept FM as one of 3, only as one of 4)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by LeapingLucy
You'd have an ok chance if your grade are good.
The only issue is that you don't have Further Maths - everyone I know at LSE doing Econ did further maths.

Was FM an option at your school? (you have to get your school to say in your reference when you apply to LSE) If it was, and you didn't take it as a fourth subject, they may look down on that.

(If you take maths & FM, you have to take 2 other A-levels - they don't accept FM as one of 3, only as one of 4)

Is this the same for accounting or are there any other finance based courses which wouldn't require FM?
Original post by Ishaquk
Is this the same for accounting or are there any other finance based courses which wouldn't require FM?

I'm not sure - you could look on the website. I don't know anyone on that course.
Your done for

Original post by Ishaquk
Hi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending