The Student Room Group

Biochemistry Interview

I have an interview at The University of Kent, does anybody have any tips on how to prepare? Or know any questions likely to come up?
Reply 1
Original post by chukosadebay
I have an interview at The University of Kent, does anybody have any tips on how to prepare? Or know any questions likely to come up?

I have an interview for biochemistry too (tomorrow).
I think they are going to ask us about our personal statements tbh and try to get to know us as individuals?
they say that it's an opportunity to clarify any questions we have about the course but I haven't found anything else on what to expect
mine is tomorrow as well, I haven't found anything either, tbh I'm a bit. concerned but I'm hoping everything goes well, might see you there.
Reply 3
- why you want to study biochemistry (what is it about the course that interests you)
- why you have chosen that uni
- they might ask if there's a particular field you're interested in or what you'd like to do after university
- they'll probably bring up a few things from your personal statement so if you said you read and enjoyed a certain book they'll ask you a related question/what you learnt from the book, or if you mentioned some voluntary work they may ask about that
- if they do ask a science question it'll normally be something you've mentioned in your personal statement, or it'll just be something quite generic about enzymes, mitochondria, photosynthesis. doesn't have to be a perfect answer they just want to see how you approach things
- they'll normally ask if you have any questions about the course. i'd recommend just coming up with anything even if you know the answer as it shows you're genuinely interested.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though, they're not really trying to catch you out. I'm pretty sure the majority of interviewees will receive an offer. They just want to meet and get to know you and it gives them an idea of whether they'd still accept you if you missed a grade.

Also I can't speak for Kent specifically but I had a few interviews at different unis and they were all along these lines.
Original post by blawan
- why you want to study biochemistry (what is it about the course that interests you)
- they might ask if there's a particular field you're interested in or what you'd like to do after university
- they'll probably bring up a few things from your personal statement so if you said you read and enjoyed a certain book they'll ask you a related question/what you learnt from the book, or if you mentioned some voluntary work they may ask about that
- if they do ask a science question it'll normally be something you've mentioned in your personal statement, or it'll just be something quite generic about enzymes, mitochondria, photosynthesis. doesn't have to be a perfect answer they just want to see how you approach things
- they'll normally ask if you have any questions about the course. i'd recommend just coming up with anything even if you know the answer as it shows you're genuinely interested.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though, they're not really trying to catch you out. I'm pretty sure the majority of interviewees will receive an offer. They just want to meet and get to know you and it gives them an idea of whether they'd still accept you if you missed a grade.

Also I can't speak for Kent specifically but I had a few interviews at different unis and they were all along these lines.

Thanks a lot man, I'm sure this will help
Reply 5
Original post by blawan

thank you! Well that's definitely going require some thought now as I'm a med applicant ....
Reply 6
Original post by chukosadebay
mine is tomorrow as well, I haven't found anything either, tbh I'm a bit. concerned but I'm hoping everything goes well, might see you there.

best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending