The Student Room Group

The American Focus

Hi guys.

I had a discussion with a friend that studied in an American University.

We discussed about High School and University.

He told me that public high school in the USA is not very good, and you do not learn as much you learn in a European High School, no matter which country.
He studied in a country that is part of the "Second World", and he told me that was more difficult then the american High School.

But then he told me that in the USA teachers help you to find a direction about what to do, and that you will have a focus about what your are good at.

Basically you understand at which subject you are good, and that it will became your career in the future.
Your focus on only one subject and then you will try to be the best at it.

In the European High School you are supposed to be good at everything, from History to Math, and you have to study all of them, at least in Italy and in his country, and you won't understand in what you are really good or you won't develop a passion, unless you cultivate it on your own.

This requires time, and you have to give less time to other subjects and you will have lower marks.

What do you think?

Thanks
WiSi.
Original post by WiSi
Hi guys.

I had a discussion with a friend that studied in an American University.

We discussed about High School and University.

He told me that public high school in the USA is not very good, and you do not learn as much you learn in a European High School, no matter which country.
He studied in a country that is part of the "Second World", and he told me that was more difficult then the american High School.

But then he told me that in the USA teachers help you to find a direction about what to do, and that you will have a focus about what your are good at.

Basically you understand at which subject you are good, and that it will became your career in the future.
Your focus on only one subject and then you will try to be the best at it.

In the European High School you are supposed to be good at everything, from History to Math, and you have to study all of them, at least in Italy and in his country, and you won't understand in what you are really good or you won't develop a passion, unless you cultivate it on your own.

This requires time, and you have to give less time to other subjects and you will have lower marks.

What do you think?

Thanks
WiSi.

Moved your thread to an area where you're more likely to get replies :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Interrobang
Moved your thread to an area where you're more likely to get replies :smile:

Thanks!
You are very kind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending