The Student Room Group

epq title help

I am planning to do an EPQ and I want it to focus on history.
I am especially interested in American history, ex the civil war, but I also wanted to focus my EPQ on the early American slaughter of the native Americans or the Roanoke colony.

I am struggling to come up with a good title for these! Can anyone help!
Think of a question that you want to answer:
e.g. What led to the vanishing of the Roanoke colony?
To what extent did the slaughter of Native Americans impact early American relationships between colonisers and Native Americans?
To what extent does the commercialification of modern day Thanksgiving celebrations in America whitewash early American slaughter of native Americans
I don't know a lot about History but I have done an EPQ. Your question has to be something that you will then go on to investigate. Your conclusion will be basically coming up with an answer to your question. My project was STEM focussed: "An investigation...comparison of..." The title needs to allow for critical analysis of sources and be focussed. A history topic will allow you to analyse different opinions and be critical of bias, primary/secondary sources etc. I would recommend that you watch Martin Blyth and Peter Flynn (and anyone else you find) on Youtube who give good EPQ advice for each stage of the EPQ. My biggest advice is don't stress about getting a really good grade. I was so concerned with getting a good grade that I questioned everything I did. If you do your best, manage your time well and watch those videos that tell you how to get a good grade, you will do well. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending