The Student Room Group

Bristol/ Bath/ Durham/ UCL Economics

Received unconditional offers from:
Bristol Economics
Bath Economics
Durham Economics
UCL PPE

Could any current students/ students who have made this decision give any advice on which direction to go? I’m sporty and outgoing and somewhere like Bristol would be the perfect city, but I don’t think the course is as good as the other two for Economics?
Also, had never really considered PPE before and was wondering how people found it, especially at UCL? Could I still do IB in the future if I read PPE instead of Economics?
Cheers :smile:
Original post by Tristanehmay
Bristol Economics
Bath Economics
Durham Economics
UCL PPE

Could any current students/ students who have made this decision give any advice on which direction to go? I’m sporty and outgoing and somewhere like Bristol would be the perfect city, but I don’t think the course is as good as the other two for Economics?
Also, had never really considered PPE before and was wondering how people found it, especially at UCL? Could I still do IB in the future if I read PPE instead of Economics?

You would fit in at Bath as an outgoing and sporty person

Bath econ offers a placement year so keep that in mind (you should be able to switch to the course in first year, if it's like mine). You can work at a bank or.. anywhere really. Limited by your imagination, skills and availability of jobs. Could be a data analyst at a football club.

Bath does offer holders' days, so if you can, visit.
Original post by Tristanehmay
Bristol Economics
Bath Economics
Durham Economics
UCL PPE

The degree you do doesn't matter for IB, just a strong application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending