The Student Room Group

I dont know which to choose for GCSEs

Basically im going to do desighn technology (dt)/product desighn. I dont know whether to choose History and re History and spanish Re and spanish Plz can anyone help cauze i really do need help. Thank you
I think History and Spanish are more useful subjects. I don't do either - I take Geography, French and R.E, and I really think R.E is a useless subject
Thank for helping it does help that you have said that re is not useful thnkz
Original post by Fazzy_77
I think History and Spanish are more useful subjects. I don't do either - I take Geography, French and R.E, and I really think R.E is a useless subject
Original post by xomuneebahxo
Thank for helping it does help that you have said that re is not useful thnkz

You're welcome
Doesn't matter unless you want to take any of those later (A-level etc) so just do what you enjoy most. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if they're 'useful' or not at GCSE level (at A-Level maybe, but if you enjoy a subject then go ahead and take it as if you're doing a subject you hate then you won't have motivation to study). I do love languages so I would recommend you take Spanish, you'll also get the EBacc if you do (I believe - google it :wink:) but if you find languages hard then don't.
thank you @mundosinfin well i do enjoy re n iv got high grades for it n i do enjoy spanish iv got hight grades iv got a 4- for both of them but my parents dont want me 2 choose re so i really dont no wat to do but i enjoy re more den spanish
thank you @mundosinfin well i do enjoy re n iv got high grades for it n i do enjoy spanish iv got hight grades iv got a 4- for both of them but my parents dont want me 2 choose re so i really dont no wat to do but i enjoy re more den spanish

Umm, your grades can't be that high with spelling like that
@Bill Nye well not being rude but i never knew you wouldnt be able to undertand that
@Bill Nye well not being rude but i never knew you wouldnt be able to undertand that

Understand what?

But ayways have you decided what you want to pick for your options?

I want to pick triple science, computer science, French and product design.

I am still deciding between product design and IT though.
jeeezzz 😕😕 anyway kinda iv chosen product deisgn confused wid the rest i dont wanna choose triple science thou @Bill Nye
jeeezzz 😕😕 anyway kinda iv chosen product deisgn confused wid the rest i dont wanna choose triple science thou @Bill Nye

Out of Spanish, history and re pick the ones you enjoy the most or the ones you are best at. If you REALLY can't decide, see which has the better teachers
thnkz for the advice @Bill Nye
Dont pick a language, trust me, just dont.
thank you @sxhxl i just thought tht if i choose a language it would help me in college so does it ?
thank you @sxhxl i just thought tht if i choose a language it would help me in college so does it ?

Not particularly but I think UCL requires a language at GCSE for some of its courses? Not entirely sure. Taking a language at A-Level is where is comes ,more helpful. If you enjoy Spanish then take it. If you don't enjoy it - don't take it just because it might be helpful.
I'd take a language and either re or history. A language could be useful in the future and some universities want you to have one at gcse. Both history and re show you can write essays and argue a point so unless you really enjoy both of them then I'd choose one or the other. TBH unless you want to take one of them for a level then it doesn't really matter what you do at gcse so I'd just pick the two you enjoy the most and are best at.
thank you @Bill Nye and @gracegirl it really helps alot

It looks good for your school, not for you. Trust me languages are sooo hard!
thank you x @sxhxl
Basically im going to do desighn technology (dt)/product desighn. I dont know whether to choose History and re History and spanish Re and spanish Plz can anyone help cauze i really do need help. Thank you

I am in Year 10 and I take Spanish and my school forces us to take Re. I really like Spanish and I feel that having a language GCSE would be useful. Personally, I don't like Re but I might be biased as I'm forced to do it. I don't take history but a lot of my friends do and they say it's worth taking. I'd recommend taking Spanish and History but good luck with whatever path you choose

Quick Reply

Latest