The Student Room Group

Is this how I do it? Pre-iGCSE GYG

Scroll to see replies

ah your days sound so interesting!! it's been so long since I've had an arts-based subject that your blog sounds really fun!!
my weekdays are sunday-thursday too!!

Spoiler

anyways, good luck with year 9!! And enjoy yourself whilst you're at it! GCSEs and beyond get stressful...
Original post by nyxnko_
ah your days sound so interesting!! it's been so long since I've had an arts-based subject that your blog sounds really fun!!
my weekdays are sunday-thursday too!!

Spoiler

anyways, good luck with year 9!! And enjoy yourself whilst you're at it! GCSEs and beyond get stressful...

thank you! it's crazy but I never have a boring day!

yeah! do you live here too?

ahah thank you, I'm excited for next year but I feel i'm going to miss ks3 too much haha x

what year are you in? :wink:
sunday march 4th 2018 (can't believe it's already the 4th of march this year is flying by omg)

pretty good day today, i had a physics test which i was terrified for as physics is definitely not my finest subject but I'm really happy with my result :smile:
i handed in a form for a model un conference which is next thursday/friday which i can't wait for!
i love mun it's my little corner of stretching outside my comfort zone but still being comfortable haha
i played tag rugby (not my favourite sport :erm::sleep: )and rounders
and i made little clay penguins :smile:

physics: test was on forces/pressure/moments and they're all like sat-style questions because my teacher is obsessed :tongue:
the test was 25 minutes so we marked them straight after and at first I got 32/33 which I was absolutely buzzingggg about but then my teacher checked it and it turns out i got 30/33 which i'm still really happy with :smile:

english: we had a talk from an author which I was so glad about cause i didn't do the english homework! :woo: but it's all fine cause my next lesson isn't until tuesday so i'll do it tomorrow :smile: the talk was actually really interesting and i am going to try his books out

after school i had guides where i made a clay penguin... at the beginning of the year I joined as a guide but i realised i was the oldest by about a year and a half so i'm basically a helper which i don't mind doing it's pretty fun

and i've just finished doing last minute cramming (never a good idea but i can't myself doing it) for a spanish speaking i have tomorrow but it's period 5 so i'm going to do some revision in lunch right before the exam :smile:

that's my day, i think it's been a pretty good one..
how have your day's been? I also have no idea how many people actually read/enjoy these but i'm loving writing them which ig is the whole point!:thumbsup:
molly x
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by stalkingsilence
sunday march 4th 2018 (can't believe it's already the 4th of march this year is flying by omg)

pretty good day today, i had a physics test which i was terrified for as physics is definitely not my finest subject but I'm really happy with my result :smile:
i handed in a form for a model un conference which is next thursday/friday which i can't wait for!
i love mun it's my little corner of stretching outside my comfort zone but still being comfortable haha
i played tag rugby (not my favourite sport :erm::sleep: )and rounders
and i made little clay penguins :smile:

physics: test was on forces/pressure/moments and they're all like sat-style questions because my teacher is obsessed :tongue:
the test was 25 minutes so we marked them straight after and at first I got 32/33 which I was absolutely buzzingggg about but then my teacher checked it and it turns out i got 30/33 which i'm still really happy with :smile:

english: we had a talk from an author which I was so glad about cause i didn't do the english homework! :woo: but it's all fine cause my next lesson isn't until tuesday so i'll do it tomorrow :smile: the talk was actually really interesting and i am going to try his books out

after school i had guides where i made a clay penguin... at the beginning of the year I joined as a guide but i realised i was the oldest by about a year and a half so i'm basically a helper which i don't mind doing it's pretty fun

and i've just finished doing last minute cramming (never a good idea but i can't myself doing it) for a spanish speaking i have tomorrow but it's period 5 so i'm going to do some revision in lunch right before the exam :smile:

that's my day, i think it's been a pretty good one..
how have your day's been? I also have no idea how many people actually read/enjoy these but i'm loving writing them which ig is the whole point!:thumbsup:
molly x

Awww the clay penguins sound so cute:h:
Congrats on your physics test, that’s brilliant!
Oooh it’s so great when authors come in, we used to have one in every year for world book day which was awesome:tongue:
Cramming is better than nothing:wink:
My day has been good and I’m sure a lot more people read these gyg blogs and just don’t comment:s-smilie:
well done on your physics result, that's amazing!:smile:
i love tag rugby:wink:
wait you have school on a sunday? or am i just being dumb :lol:

also well done on that physics!
thank you! it's crazy but I never have a boring day!

yeah! do you live here too?

ahah thank you, I'm excited for next year but I feel i'm going to miss ks3 too much haha x

what year are you in? :wink:

I do :biggrin:
I miss KS3 as well :tongue: but then again, I didn't really enjoy English and Geography and all those art-y subjects. Do you know what subjects you're taking?
I'm in Year 12 :wink:

well done on that physics grade!! :woo:
cramming is better than nothing :biggrin:
Original post by Toastiekid
Awww the clay penguins sound so cute:h:
Congrats on your physics test, that’s brilliant!
Oooh it’s so great when authors come in, we used to have one in every year for world book day which was awesome:tongue:
Cramming is better than nothing:wink:
My day has been good and I’m sure a lot more people read these gyg blogs and just don’t comment:s-smilie:

they were! none of us are very good at art but they turned out quite nice :smile:
thank you! :redface: (what is that haha)
Original post by entertainmyfaith
well done on your physics result, that's amazing!:smile:
i love tag rugby:wink:

thank you so much! :colondollar:
i bet you're probably good at it, there are too many rules and i just can't play it and the girls in my pe class are really annoying so it stops being fun haha
Original post by clouddbubbles
wait you have school on a sunday? or am i just being dumb :lol:

also well done on that physics!

yep, my week is sunday-thursday :smile:
so while you're all at school on friday, i'm in bed asleep!:woo::dancing2:
thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by nyxnko_
I do :biggrin:
I miss KS3 as well :tongue: but then again, I didn't really enjoy English and Geography and all those art-y subjects. Do you know what subjects you're taking?
I'm in Year 12 :wink:

well done on that physics grade!! :woo:
cramming is better than nothing :biggrin:

woah what a coincedence!! that's so cool!
true that is a plus side.. no more geography!
Yep, alongside the compulosry subjects, i'm taking psychology, history, drama and spanish... :wink:
i noticed from your gyg that you had to take arabic for gcse..? it's not compulsory anymore, at least not in my school :laugh::laugh: how was it?
thank you!!! :colondollar:

are you taking a levels?
(edited 6 years ago)
they were! none of us are very good at art but they turned out quite nice :smile:
thank you! :redface: (what is that haha)

Gyg= grow your grades
Mind= blown:biggrin:
yep, my week is sunday-thursday :smile:
so while you're all at school on friday, i'm in bed asleep!:woo::dancing2:
thank you! :biggrin:

wow that is weird! but cool! :biggrin:
Original post by Toastiekid
Gyg= grow your grades
Mind= blown:biggrin:

??? :giggle::laugh:
Original post by clouddbubbles
wow that is weird! but cool! :biggrin:

yeah it’s also because the islamic religious day is Friday instead of Sunday so we get Friday off in the same way that you get Sunday off :smile: (have I got that right? @nyxnko_ )
woah what a coincedence!! that's so cool!
true that is a plus side.. no more geography!
Yep, alongside the compulosry subjects, i'm taking psychology, history, drama and spanish... :wink:
i noticed from your gyg that you had to take arabic for gcse..? it's not compulsory anymore, at least not in my school :laugh::laugh: how was it?
thank you!!! :colondollar:

are you taking a levels?

cool!! Spanish and history are really fun!! but that's just my opinion :tongue:
oh it never was compulsory. I took it in year 9 :tongue: it was horrible... I crammed 2 years worth of content into 4 months and I can still feel the trauma... :rip: seriously tho, I think I was just unprepared and honestly more than a little lazy when I took it
Yeah, a-levels :yep:
yeah it’s also because the islamic religious day is Friday instead of Sunday so we get Friday off in the same way that you get Sunday off :smile: (have I got that right? @nyxnko_ )

to this day, I have no idea :dontknow: but they do go and pray on Friday, like people go to church on Sunday

yes that makes a lot more sense! i get it :yep:
Original post by nyxnko_
cool!! Spanish and history are really fun!! but that's just my opinion :tongue:
oh it never was compulsory. I took it in year 9 :tongue: it was horrible... I crammed 2 years worth of content into 4 months and I can still feel the trauma... :rip: seriously tho, I think I was just unprepared and honestly more than a little lazy when I took it
Yeah, a-levels :yep:

if I were to take Arabic this year :facepalm:

that is actually so crazy though.. are there any more dxb ppl on here? are you emirati?
if I were to take Arabic this year :facepalm:

that is actually so crazy though.. are there any more dxb ppl on here? are you emirati?

It's okay though... it's not for everyone.
Honestly, I think there's a few around but I'm not sure :tongue: I'm an expat too :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending