The Student Room Group

getting sick of gcses - a study blog

heyyy so im not really sure what im doing, i just know that i need a way to motivate myself because as my maths teacher keeps reminding me, we only have ten teaching weeks left until gcses start. literally help.

school predicted:
eng lit - 9
eng lang - 9
maths - 7/8
spanish - 8/9
bio - 9
chem - 7/8
phys - 9
comp sci - 6/7 even though i got an 8 and a 9 in my mock? idk
latin - 9
geography - 8

goals:
- improve maths, chem, and comp sci up to at least an 8
- start revising in the evenings (easier said than done since school ends at 5.30 and i have a second round of mocks after half term plus we're still learning new content)

rn i'm going to work on my english coursework a bit

future me you better be consistent with this blog thing!
Reply 1
Original post by m-r-8
heyyy so im not really sure what im doing, i just know that i need a way to motivate myself because as my maths teacher keeps reminding me, we only have ten teaching weeks left until gcses start. literally help.

school predicted:
eng lit - 9
eng lang - 9
maths - 7/8
spanish - 8/9
bio - 9
chem - 7/8
phys - 9
latin - 9
geography - 8

goals:
- start revising in the evenings (easier said than done since school ends at 5.30 and i have a second round of mocks after half term plus we're still learning new content)

hellooo, welcome to gyg!! it's great to see another gcse student since most gygs i follow are a level students 🙏 and omg your predicated grades are amazingg!! good luck with your goals and your work today 🤍🤍
can't wait to follow along with your journey <3
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by milktee
hellooo, welcome to gyg!! it's great to see another gcse student since most gygs i follow are a level students 🙏 and omg your predicated grades are amazingg!! good luck with your goals and your work today 🤍🤍
can't wait to follow along with your journey <3

hiiii tyyyyyy x
Reply 3
Original post by m-r-8
hiiii tyyyyyy x

of courseee 🤍
Bro is getting 9s and is stressing. I should be like stressing my ass off rn then 😓
Reply 5
oh god you're adorable, wishing the best for you and keep in your flow state.
now I feel like I have someone I can relate to except for the difference that my English grades are terrible.
I hope the best for you with your evening sessions, make the most of this, you've got this 👊
and also stress is a great motivator but don't let it ruin your mood mkay? you want it to fuel your passion, not burn it down
Wishing for the best :biggrin:D
Reply 6
mmm and also do you have any tips for English, essay writing, and all that jazz? I feel like the trick is to prepare model answers and have them fit into the prompt whilst practicing critical analysis but I always hit a dead end. I don't know if I'm just lacking the knowledge or imagination, intuition or if my creative juices just refuse to flow, but mm oh well ¯\ (ツ)
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by username6658717

school predicted:
eng lit - 9
eng lang - 9
maths - 7/8
spanish - 8/9
bio - 9
chem - 7/8
phys - 9
latin - 9
geography - 8

goals:

Websites that can help with nearly EVERY subject:

cognito yt channel

seneca !!! (super good they do AQA, Edexcel, Pearson, Eduqas, OCR, IGCSE)

gcse.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending