The Student Room Group

help with a revision timetable

what is the best way to create a revision timetable
I create a table in Word or PowerPoint.

One column says "time" the other says "activity". Then I make several rows e.g. 9-10am, 10-11am etc. and then for each time slot I put what revision I'm going to do, e.g. revise X topic by doing mind maps or whatever. I do that for each day, factoring in time for sleep, lessons, eating, showering etc.
Everyones timetable works differently. The above works for some people, personally I can't stick to times or if I run over my time limit I get demotivated and as such stop doing anything. I like to create a list of what I would like done by the end of each day-I find it gives me more flexibility
Original post by AzureCeleste
Everyones timetable works differently. The above works for some people, personally I can't stick to times or if I run over my time limit I get demotivated and as such stop doing anything. I like to create a list of what I would like done by the end of each day-I find it gives me more flexibility

I agree, you will know how good you are at sticking to it.
I do mine weekly
Make a list of tasks you can do in one week eg. write an essay for english and do a past paper for biology could be one week, another could be make notes on a biology chapter and learn 1 page of german vocab

Choose one set to do each week
Reply 4
Original post by ollylongbo
what is the best way to create a revision timetable

Making a list or weekly timetables.

Quick Reply

Latest