The Student Room Group

I made a white lie about work experience on my CV, could they revoke my place?

So I'm going to keep this vague (I'm sure you know why)..

I made up a few days work experience at a firm and put it on my CV. I then, through interviews and online tests (did this legit), got a spring week offer and I'm going to this firm's programme soon.

Say if I remove this experience next year for summer applications from my CV, and I'm successful for the same firm, would they check up on this experience?

Thanks.
Firstly, why the hell would you do that?

Good news is though, for a Spring Week you’ll be fine and they won’t do any checks.

However, if this is your ‘ideal’ firm you want to do an internship with, then you might be a bit more stuck as if they offer you an internship interview/fast track AC etc - presumably, they will just keep all your current details and CV on file and wont ask again for those details. You might have to be sneaky and do some drastic redrafting and reformatting of your CV, ditch the bogus work, add your legit spring week, then email it to them I n in the hope they won’t bother noticing any differences.

But if you know for sure you are expected to reapply again under a fresh application online from scratch which involves resubmitting a CV, I wouldn’t worry.

Lesson learnt?
Reply 2
So I'm having a similar issue, I worked and advised for a few projects over the internet which I got paid for cash on hand thus not having any proof especially since I only used my username when getting paid. Given that I put these on my CV, should I include them in the background check? Its gonna be quite impossible to verify these claims as the people I worked for only know me by forum name.
Original post by ibanon
So I'm having a similar issue, I worked and advised for a few projects over the internet which I got paid for cash on hand thus not having any proof especially since I only used my username when getting paid. Given that I put these on my CV, should I include them in the background check? Its gonna be quite impossible to verify these claims as the people I worked for only know me by forum name.

Can be proven with the IP/access to the account/email linked to the account. They shouldn't bother about the pay aspect.
Original post by plzzzbekind
So I'm going to keep this vague (I'm sure you know why)..

I made up a few days work experience at a firm and put it on my CV. I then, through interviews and online tests (did this legit), got a spring week offer and I'm going to this firm's programme soon.

Say if I remove this experience next year for summer applications from my CV, and I'm successful for the same firm, would they check up on this experience?

Thanks.

Make this a lesson learnt mate. Only issues are if you convert, they will use that CV for background checks next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending