The Student Room Group

Is this how I do it? Pre-iGCSE GYG

Scroll to see replies

5th-7th March 2018

sorry I haven't updated in a while, I haven't really had the time/energy to :smile:
so to make up for my absence i'm going to do one pretty long update... enjoyyyyy

Monday 5th March 2018

dt: messed around as usual, can't wait to drop dt it's so pointless

geography: got pulled out (:woo: ) to do a tour so I missed watching the end of a documentry but it's all good

history: my teacher wasn't there so we just got given a crossword on the battle of the somme and a fill in the blanks :p:

maths: right now we're doing mensuration which is pretty easy there are just a lot of formula to learn and on Monday we did surface area of cones

spanish: I did my speaking assessment and although I got quite a good result i'm just not happy with it for a number of reasons. I got a 6a and i know that it's really good I'm not complaining but 1) i really wanted to get a level 7c and I don't feel like I got the opportunity to get that high even though there were plenty of questions on the sheet that were especially for reaching a level 7 and 2) personally I don't feel like I deserved the result, I blanked quite a bit and I just don't feel like it was a 6a.. Very few people got level 6's and even less got a 6a and they worked so so hard andI know I should appreciate it and I do it's just I didn't do as well as I wanted to. I came out of the french speaking feeling like I really had worked hard for whatever result I got and no matter the score I was proud of how much work I had put in but I came out of Spanish kinda meh ... idk I'm rambling probably doesn't make any sense :confused:

ict: i learnt how to create input variables with python and I made my own maths quiz which was pretty cool! and..... i got two merits! TWO MERITS! that's more than i've ever gotten in a whole term! hahahaha :congrats:

after school: next thursday i'm participating in a model un conference in a school so in the eca we did a mock conference as for the majority it's our first conference. I'm so excited!! I loved doing it and it's really good once it gets started to see things from other people's perspectives but it is very intimidating. Year 9's are the youngest so not only are there year 10/11s which I can handle there are also about 10 IB's who are obviously reallyyyy smart and I can't compete with as they know much more about the world than I do. Even so, I love doing it. Afterwards we went out for dinner as it was my step-dad's birthday so I didn't get any work done :colondollar:

Tuesday 6th March 2018

PE: had a game of rounders while the girls who wanted to get on the team did pre-trials. I was considering trying out but I can't compete against the other girls that were doing it so i didn't :dontknow:

English: watched a summary video about Jekyll and Hyde (which I still haven't read oopssss) and then talked about if Jekyll was accountable for Hyde's actions and had a little debate about it. Then we started making a timeline for the plot.

Arabic: did a mini comprehension which was so so hard andi it's for homework but I don't understand it so I'm not gonna do it :nope:

Spanish: started module 4 which is money. We did a listening exercise to learn the vocab (lavo de ropa y no ahorra nada :wink:) and then did some more exercises and for homework we have to create a diary entry for each day of the week saying what we do to earn money.

Chemistry: I really really love chemistry. Firstly we talked about and wrote down the symbol and word equations for the reactions between magnesium/carbon/sulfur and oxygen then we did some balancing equations. After we did a practical for the test to see if carbon dioxide is present. After we had to do a method and a couple of statements about what we learnt which we do every lesson. I just love chem so much, we have an amazing teacher and it's just a quality lesson. :love:

Art: finallyyyy we had art which is so chill I love ittttt. Our class is so small only 6 people so it's really quiet and we get loads of awesome stuff done. Right now we are making landscapes with acrylics are they look so good!

afterschool: I had a rehearsal for Wizard of Oz which was about an hour and then at I home I did some language perfect to get ahead for the module and then went out a hung out with a girl I met a few days ago.

Wednesday 7th March 2018

Maths:Learnt about the volume of a cone today which once you knew the formula was easy but the questions also included stuff like pythagoras and scale factors :unsure: Tonight, I'm going to make a formula sheet because there is just so much to remember!

ICT: we're just making our way through the assessment now which is a lot of screenprinting and evaluating :yawn:

Chemistry: We burnt metallic chlorides and they looked really cool!

Drama: Were meant to be planning out our scenes for our devised pieces but we just talked so a bit of a wasted lesson oops

After lunch we had the annual interhouse netball and rugby tournaments which normally I love because I love netball but this time it was so meh. We lost all of our matches quite badly and sometimes I feel like I'm a bit of an outsider with my "group" and my best friend and I are a bit off idk why so it wasn't the best afternoon. I ended up feeling quite dejected and just really down. When I got home I had a shower and a little bit of a meltdown and then put on disney songs and I've just eaten a london dairy's ice cream so the world is good again. tbh I think it's just being a teenager has finally caught up with me, I'm in a bad mood all of the time now and I'm just snapping quite easily too :unsure:

Tonight I'm going to get the formula sheet done and I did some revision earlier because I have a bio test tomorrow on reproduction in plants... :lolwut:

Sorry if this was really boringggg, I don't really know how much of the personal stuff you want or whether you just want my grades or you don't care either way.... :dontknow:
Anyway I do hope you have enjoyed at least a small part of it... Thank you so much for reading!!! :lovehug:
What is your favourite ice cream flavour?

Salted Caramel or Cookie Dough if we're going fancy but if we're keeping it simple then Strawberry all the way :smile:

Molly x

{tell me if you want to be tagged or un tagged :smile: }
dear molly,
you don't have to do a super long update to make up for skipping days :hugs: but it sounds like you've done a lot
also, for spanish, a 6a in year 9 is pretty good and even though you had wanted a higher grade, i think if you've worked hard for it, then you should be happy. if you feel you could have worked harder, then work harder next time. you have plenty of time to get your grades up :biggrin:
never did like MUN but you're enjoying it so have fun!
ooh merits!! :woo: my school scrapped the merits system a few years ago :sad: so now, we have something called 'achievement points' which are pretty stupid, especially since none of the teachers even give them out.
I love chemistry too!! :love:
how do you only have 6 people in your art class?!? :eek: I had what felt like 300 in my art class in year 9!!
Language Perfect brings back memories! :yep: I think I got bronze when I did it? Idk.. it feels like a long time ago :tongue:
tip: learn the formulae now! it helped loads when I got to GCSE. the new spec meant that there was no formula sheet and I know a lot of people struggled with the formulae.
don't feel bad for being in a bad mood. everyone has their good days and bad days :redface: sometimes, i feel like I need to shout at someone to make myself feel better but recently, it's not too bad.
ice cream does make the day better again!! :yep:
I think you should post whatever you want to post because this blog is for you!! :lovehug:
hm... I don't know, tbh. I think... anything with peanut butter in it, but if I'm feeling fruity, then mixed berries/strawberry!! but I would never have peanut butter and strawberry ice-cream together :tongue: PB and jam is okay tho, just not PB ice-cream and strawberry ice-cream!! :biggrin: I'm so weird...
sorry for the long reply :tongue:
my favourite ice cream flavour's cookie dough or mint choc chip:tongue:
hope you feel better soon, i think we all have those off days at some points:console:
and well done on your spanish speaking, i'm sure you did better than you thought!:h: have you asked for feedback from your teacher if you're still a little unsure?
what do you want to take for gcse then? :cute:
Original post by nyxnko_
dear molly,
you don't have to do a super long update to make up for skipping days :hugs: but it sounds like you've done a lot
also, for spanish, a 6a in year 9 is pretty good and even though you had wanted a higher grade, i think if you've worked hard for it, then you should be happy. if you feel you could have worked harder, then work harder next time. you have plenty of time to get your grades up :biggrin:
never did like MUN but you're enjoying it so have fun!
ooh merits!! :woo: my school scrapped the merits system a few years ago :sad: so now, we have something called 'achievement points' which are pretty stupid, especially since none of the teachers even give them out.
I love chemistry too!! :love:
how do you only have 6 people in your art class?!? :eek: I had what felt like 300 in my art class in year 9!!
Language Perfect brings back memories! :yep: I think I got bronze when I did it? Idk.. it feels like a long time ago :tongue:
tip: learn the formulae now! it helped loads when I got to GCSE. the new spec meant that there was no formula sheet and I know a lot of people struggled with the formulae.
don't feel bad for being in a bad mood. everyone has their good days and bad days :redface: sometimes, i feel like I need to shout at someone to make myself feel better but recently, it's not too bad.
ice cream does make the day better again!! :yep:
I think you should post whatever you want to post because this blog is for you!! :lovehug:
hm... I don't know, tbh. I think... anything with peanut butter in it, but if I'm feeling fruity, then mixed berries/strawberry!! but I would never have peanut butter and strawberry ice-cream together :tongue: PB and jam is okay tho, just not PB ice-cream and strawberry ice-cream!! :biggrin: I'm so weird...
sorry for the long reply :tongue:

firstly, thank you for your long reply :smile:

ooh why didn't you enjoy MUN? I'd love to hear your opinion :smile:
haha thank you, i sort of love formula because once you've learnt it, it's pretty simple to put into your calculator :smile:
i know! I think there was a admin error but it's all good because it means the other classes have around 20 students and it's crazy, but i love our little class :love:
ooooooh peanut butterrr! I love it! Reece's are my favourite guilty pleasure :colondollar:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
my favourite ice cream flavour's cookie dough or mint choc chip:tongue:
hope you feel better soon, i think we all have those off days at some points:console:
and well done on your spanish speaking, i'm sure you did better than you thought!:h: have you asked for feedback from your teacher if you're still a little unsure?

thank you, I do feel a lot better, just an off day :love::love:
We have a lesson on Monday so i'm going to ask her then :smile: x
Original post by clouddbubbles
what do you want to take for gcse then? :cute:

Along with English, Maths and (hopefully) triple science, I'm going to take Psychology, Drama, History and Spanish :h:
Congratulations on your nomination by the way! I nominated you :colondollar: your writing is amazing :h: x

8th-10th March 2018

Thursday

Maths - we're trying to finish off mensuration so we looked at the surface area and volume of spheres which is just a formula I have to learn which I find pretty simple... We did some questions which I got a bit tricked out on but it was because I was doing it too quickly so the fact that it was a hemi-sphere hadn't sunk in. It's fine we have a test in a couple of weeks and because I did really well on my first one, I really really want to do well on this one so no pressure.. :hide:

Arabic - I hadn't understood the homework so I was already really scared as too how much trouble I was gonna be in cause ngl my teacher terrifies me but then no one had done it so she spent the first 20 minutes screaming at us... We have tests all week next week and I already know I'm going to do terribly :dontknow:

Biology - we had our assessment on Reproduction in plants and it wasn't that difficult, most of it I was pretty sure of but there were two questions I didn't know but there were only 1 markers so that's not too bad :h: It's out of 30 so I'm aiming for above 24 :crossedf:

After school I had a singing lesson which was really fun as usual, we're taking a break from my exam pieces and just singing for fun which I do prefer, at the moment I'm singing On My Own and I Dreamed A Dream from Les Mis and then my new all time favourite, Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again from Phantom Of The Opera which I absolutely love!!! It's so much fun to sing and I love it :tongue:

Friday&Saturday

Weekendddd! I just chilled out all of Friday morning and then got my English homework done. I had to find a gothic picture and write a creative opening for it and I love creative writing so that wasn't too hard and it was pretty fun. And then I went for a long walk with my Mum because we haven't spent some time together just us for a while so that was really nice. Where I live there was this happiness day going on so I took my sister over there and met my friend and this guy who I met once but we've only really talked on text so it was nice to meet him he seems really sweet. The three of us just hung out and talked for about 3 hours which went so quickly! It was about 8 when I got home so I had some pizza :tongue: and watched Hairspray and headed to bed.

Today I watched Hotel Transylvania 2 with my sister (at the weekend we're very very doing nothing and watching film people) and I did my Spanish homework, had a look at the Arabic exam prep but I just can't haha :noway: Right now, I have 5SOS blasting out of my phone (throwback omg) with the window open exposing me to the 34 degree heat :smile: and I'm writing this and reading all the blogs I've missed out on and then I'm going to grab an Ice Cream and find a new book to read. Pretty perfect day :smile: Tonight I'm gonna chill with the same people from yesterday so it's going to be a very nice Saturday :h:

Who is your favourite Singer/Songwriter?

I love Ed Sheeran, Twenty One Pilots but most of the time I just like certain songs from different people

Spoiler

Les misérables is amazing! I’ve seen it once in the theatre and it was beautiful (the film rocks too though).
The other day these year sevens were told that they were doing plant reproduction and one of them shouted WE’RE GOING TO LEARN ABOUT PLANT SEX...I was laughing for the next ten minutes:biggrin:
Your weekend sounds lovely:tongue: I’m so jealous of your 34oC heat!! It’s 12oC here *weeps* though how do you cope with the heat?!
Favourite ice cream flavour?
Yeah I like lots of people too (here are some):
Ed Sheeran, bastille, the vamps, the script, fall out boy, imagine dragons, green day:h: and some random french singers too:biggrin:
Enjoy the rest of your afternoon/evening and have a lovely day at school tomorrow:smile:
ok i’m trying to figure out where you live...
do you live in dubai? :laugh:
and omggg i love twenty one pilots!
my favs :hugs:
i keep reading mensuration as menstruation:tongue:
i'm sure you'll do well on your exams, don't worry too much about them!:cute:
i used to love 5sos, i still have a cd of theirs on my shelf:redface:
and i love twenty one pilots:love: though you can probably see that from my user:colondollar:
a few of the other artists i like: lorde, fall out boy, imagine dragons, jon bellion, childish gambino, the 1975, khalid, waterparks and billie eilish:smile:
Original post by stalkingsilence
firstly, thank you for your long reply :smile:

ooh why didn't you enjoy MUN? I'd love to hear your opinion :smile:
haha thank you, i sort of love formula because once you've learnt it, it's pretty simple to put into your calculator :smile:
i know! I think there was a admin error but it's all good because it means the other classes have around 20 students and it's crazy, but i love our little class :love:
ooooooh peanut butterrr! I love it! Reece's are my favourite guilty pleasure :colondollar:

:hugs: I hope you're all good :wink:
Well... to begin with, I'm not a very... vocal person and I wasn't particularly interested in politics so public speaking + politics = massive boredom and embarrassment so after literally 4 sessions, I just quit.
:yep:
lucky you!! I didn't have a super small class until A-level and even those are bigger than your art class!! :laugh:
:yep: Reese's are the best!! Whenever someone brings in Reese's, we literally fight to get even one :colondollar:

Oh dear... good luck with Arabic! :redface: Fortunately, I had a great teacher throughout KS3 but other people had absolutely mental teachers :tongue:
ooh gothic writing!! Hotel Transylvania is one of the best!! :yes:
singer/songwriter? I listen to a very mixed bunch of English/Korean/Japanese/Chinese pop with some German stuff occasionally :laugh: but my favourite...? I don't know actually...
Original post by Toastiekid
Les misérables is amazing! I’ve seen it once in the theatre and it was beautiful (the film rocks too though).
The other day these year sevens were told that they were doing plant reproduction and one of them shouted WE’RE GOING TO LEARN ABOUT PLANT SEX...I was laughing for the next ten minutes:biggrin:
Your weekend sounds lovely:tongue: I’m so jealous of your 34oC heat!! It’s 12oC here *weeps* though how do you cope with the heat?!
Favourite ice cream flavour?
Yeah I like lots of people too (here are some):
Ed Sheeran, bastille, the vamps, the script, fall out boy, imagine dragons, green day:h: and some random french singers too:biggrin:
Enjoy the rest of your afternoon/evening and have a lovely day at school tomorrow:smile:

hahahha i'm pretty sure we did that when we were told we were going to be learning about reproduction.. where I live you don't have the same talk that you get in year 6 because culturally it's not appropriate so we "learnt" about it in year 7 and it was one of the most awkardest (?) terms i've had hahah
I can still remember the first lesson and our male teacher wanted us to write down all the words we knew on the board..i think i got away with child :giggle:
favourite ice cream flavour.. there are too many to choose! i do like salted caramel or cookie dough but i also like strawberry:tongue:
thank you, you too have a good week :h: x
Original post by clouddbubbles
ok i’m trying to figure out where you live...
do you live in dubai? :laugh:

yes haha... how did you figure that out?? :hmmmm:
and yesss twenty one pilots are the best
hahahha i'm pretty sure we did that when we were told we were going to be learning about reproduction.. where I live you don't have the same talk that you get in year 6 because culturally it's not appropriate so we "learnt" about it in year 7 and it was one of the most awkardest (?) terms i've had hahah
I can still remember the first lesson and our male teacher wanted us to write down all the words we knew on the board..i think i got away with child :giggle:
favourite ice cream flavour.. there are too many to choose! i do like salted caramel or cookie dough but i also like strawberry:tongue:
thank you, you too have a good week :h: x

Oh that sounds really awkward. We had a similar lesson in year seven (though everyone knew most of the stuff) but any time anyone felt uncomfortable saying a word my teacher would make us stand on a chair and shout the word till the head of science came in:biggrin: lmao my teacher actually loved embarrassing us so much then:tongue:
salted caramel is lovely:smile: assuming it’s night time over there so have a good night’s sleep:h:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
i keep reading mensuration as menstruation:tongue:
i'm sure you'll do well on your exams, don't worry too much about them!:cute:
i used to love 5sos, i still have a cd of theirs on my shelf:redface:
and i love twenty one pilots:love: though you can probably see that from my user:colondollar:
a few of the other artists i like: lorde, fall out boy, imagine dragons, jon bellion, childish gambino, the 1975, khalid, waterparks and billie eilish:smile:

ahahha we all did that when he told us to look at our scheme of work :giggle:
thank you... i'm holding on to hope and the fact that i have another year until they count :h:
oooh you have an amazing taste in music :danceboy:
who is your absolute favourite though?
Original post by nyxnko_
:hugs: I hope you're all good :wink:
Well... to begin with, I'm not a very... vocal person and I wasn't particularly interested in politics so public speaking + politics = massive boredom and embarrassment so after literally 4 sessions, I just quit.
:yep:
lucky you!! I didn't have a super small class until A-level and even those are bigger than your art class!! :laugh:
:yep: Reese's are the best!! Whenever someone brings in Reese's, we literally fight to get even one :colondollar:

Oh dear... good luck with Arabic! :redface: Fortunately, I had a great teacher throughout KS3 but other people had absolutely mental teachers :tongue:
ooh gothic writing!! Hotel Transylvania is one of the best!! :yes:
singer/songwriter? I listen to a very mixed bunch of English/Korean/Japanese/Chinese pop with some German stuff occasionally :laugh: but my favourite...? I don't know actually...

okay well maybe you're an exception.. mun would be hell for you :giggle:
thank you! i still can't believe you did it at gcse! was it okay? people say that if you take it seriously it's not too bad... i am in no way considering it!! but i'm still really interested in hearing about it:h:
ahahha we all did that when he told us to look at our scheme of work :giggle:
thank you... i'm holding on to hope and the fact that i have another year until they count :h:
oooh you have an amazing taste in music :danceboy:
who is your absolute favourite though?

probably twenty one pilots + jon bellion! can't choose between them though.
yes haha... how did you figure that out?? :hmmmm:
and yesss twenty one pilots are the best

your schools are different, you said it was islamic and dubai is a muslim country :yep:
the heat gave it away for me!

i’d love to live in dubai, i know a lot of british people end up going there or whatever?!

|-/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending