The Student Room Group

If you won £10m what would you do with it?

What would you spend it on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Drink it.
Give it to my sister and parents and carry on with what I'm doing now lol
Buy a multimillion pound house and a car then start investing..
I'd use £9.9 million to set up a charity which aims to emphasize that Education is a human right not a privilege and sanction countries which don't provide satisfactory state education.

Why? Because, all the famous scientists from earlier than the 1700s were majority men. Not because men were smarter. Men had the chance to be educated.
From the 1700s, we see individuals such as Ada Lovelace. Women had the chance to be educated BUT only if they could afford it.
We are denying the opportunity of advancement and new ideas if we deny poor people the opportunity to study and learn.
I'm sick and tired of charities teaching women how to sow and men how to fish.
We need to teach them algebra, calculus and literature.

If I had £10 million, I'd try my hardest to make sure everyone is educated.
Ummmmm.... buy anything I wanted?
Go to Australia
Go to an expensive uni
Buy a thousand books (by Sarah j Maas)
And other stuff
Idk tbh
Reply 6
Buy a Freddo.
What would I do with the other 100,000?

With that kind of money, I could pay for my mum to have her own house and I'd have money left over to pay for my degree and my cousins degree and so forth.
Reply 8
Original post by AvrgLondoner
What would I do with the other 100,000?

With that kind of money, I could pay for my mum to have her own house and I'd have money left over to pay for my degree and my cousins degree and so forth.

How much is a house (especially in London)? And currently a 3 year degree costs about £50k including living costs.

So your budget isn't going to work I'm afraid.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
Buy a Freddo.

boat = well and truly pushed out.
- spend a million to help local people in third world countries (not by charity)
- spend £2-3 million on a house
- deposit the rest on a savings account. Lol.
Invest them on a low cost index fund.
Wow no one would dish it in fixed deposits and let it grow? Well that's my plan if I ever get a payout of that size. Not that it's ever likely ._.
Travel the world, give some away, invest some, buy a sick house and never work another day in my life.
Buy a bungalow or mansion in america or australia (not UK - it rains too much)
Get a super car and a jeep
Have enough money for my education (about 200k)
Use rest to develop stuff or spend on family and invest with it
I'd get a comfortable place for the family and save the rest for the future
I said I would buy 3,030,303 communist manifestos and it delete and “reviewed my comment” what

[Mod edit: your post is causing a formatting problem. I've edited it]
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 17
I wouldn't "win" 10 million because i'm not daft enough to waste my money buying lottery tickets ...because let's face it, you've got a better chance of getting hit by lightening than winning the jackpot ...

If I aquire 10 million it will be off my own back.....
Kms
Original post by Doonesbury
How much is a house (especially in London)? And currently a 3 year degree costs about £50k including living costs.

So your budget isn't going to work I'm afraid.

This is why men are smarter :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest