The Student Room Group

Is this how I do it? Pre-iGCSE GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Toastiekid
Oh that sounds really awkward. We had a similar lesson in year seven (though everyone knew most of the stuff) but any time anyone felt uncomfortable saying a word my teacher would make us stand on a chair and shout the word till the head of science came in:biggrin: lmao my teacher actually loved embarrassing us so much then:tongue:
salted caramel is lovely:smile: assuming it’s night time over there so have a good night’s sleep:h:

oh my goodness... what a wonderful way to get over your embarrassment..? i'm sorry there is no way that can ever be positive :giggle:
yep, i'm sorry to go but i really need to sleep, i'm so tired! :yawn:
good night :h:
Original post by stalkingsilence
okay well maybe you're an exception.. mun would be hell for you :giggle:
thank you! i still can't believe you did it at gcse! was it okay? people say that if you take it seriously it's not too bad... i am in no way considering it!! but i'm still really interested in hearing about it:h:

:sadnod:
it wasn't too bad, actually, looking back now. I could have put in more effort though...
Original post by clouddbubbles
your schools are different, you said it was islamic and dubai is a muslim country :yep:
the heat gave it away for me!

i’d love to live in dubai, i know a lot of british people end up going there or whatever?!

|-/

ahaha you have very good detective skills ☺️
just a little piece of info; dubai is not a country in fact it’s an emirate (sort of like a state?) in the United Arab Emirates... that’s quite an unknown thing but just letting you know :smile:

but yes it is lovely 😊 very multicultural and there are so many amazing things to see and do it’s really nice I love it 😊
Original post by nyxnko_
:sadnod:
it wasn't too bad, actually, looking back now. I could have put in more effort though...

hmmmm well I’ll have to take your word for it :smile:
ahaha you have very good detective skills ☺️
just a little piece of info; dubai is not a country in fact it’s an emirate (sort of like a state?) in the United Arab Emirates... that’s quite an unknown thing but just letting you know :smile:

but yes it is lovely 😊 very multicultural and there are so many amazing things to see and do it’s really nice I love it 😊

ah yes i know it’s an emirate, i was gonna go on holiday there :laugh: but i find it easier to call it a country even though that’s not entirely accurate :yep:
Original post by clouddbubbles
ah yes i know it’s an emirate, i was gonna go on holiday there :laugh: but i find it easier to call it a country even though that’s not entirely accurate :yep:

you should've come! it's wonderful you would've loved it :h:
hahaha okay :tongue:

11th&12th March 2018

Sunday 11th March

Had an assembly about conserving water and energy from our electricity suppliers which most people said was boring but I found it quite interesting :dontknow:

Arabic - had our reading test which actually wasn't too hard :party: still, fingers crossed!

Bio - we got our results back for our Plant Reproduction test...

Spoiler

Really proud of this but it was quite easy :proud:

English - our lessons have been quite good at the moment, we started looking at inference which we all had a basic understanding of but only really used it in our essays because our teacher last year told us that it sounded good but I had a very basic idea of what it actually meant.. so it was quite insightful and then we looked at Enfield (Jekyll and Hyde which is becoming more and more interesting every lesson:tongue:) and the question was How does the writer depict the character of Enfield? and we had to make some notes and then did a practice paragraph :h: I'm starting to feel my love and passion for English come back and I'm really happy about it :thumbsup:

In PE we played touch rugby (please help i hate it so much) and rounders (meh) but it was quite nice to get out in the sun before it gets too hot :devil3:
There was so much drama today but I really couldn't be bothered to get involved so I found out what was going on and then backed out :colondollar: it was pretty stupid though:erm:

After school - I had guides so I didn't do any work but that's okay because I was smart and did it all on the weekend :clap2:

Monday 12th March

English - we looked at duality and some of the deeper meanings to some things that we looked over for example; utterson's name reflects who he is, which I thought was really cool and interesting. We also looked at the significance of the windows and doors which at the beginning I thought was stupid but I guess not, we need a big spider diagram of all the connotations for a door and it got reallyyyy interesting and deep and I was so in my element haha

Spanish - just did a bunch of exercises for vocabulary and listening exercises for prep for our exam

Bio - did our Plant Nutrition test but it was quite easy, hope I haven't been stupid :crossedf:

After school - I had mun and it was basically just teaching us all of the correct terminology and we got all of our commitees and countries for Thursday and Friday, I am representing Finland in the International Monetary Fund and I'm so scared you guys don't even know. We're the youngest and i think it was random but I do mun with two girls that I know and they got put in the same commitee and only one girl from my school is in my commitee and she is in IB and it doesn't even matter but I'm really really scared I have no idea how money works or anything aghhhh :cry2:

I had my hour of therapy which I have once a fortnight and I feel so light now we talked about one thing that had been on my mind for weeks but I couldn't bring myself to tell anyone and I did today and I feel so good :h:

Going to try (key word) and get an earlier night tonight... have you all had good days?

Also I have a new system, I'm still going to be on here everyday but I've decided that instead of posting daily I'm going to still post the same things just every other day so that you and I know when to expect an update so it's going to look like this:

Spoiler

also I'm reading a really good trilogy right now which is all in one book it's called Just One Day, Just One Year and Just One Night and I've read 360 pages is less than 48 hours :giggle: What are you reading?
Have a good rest of your week :love:
Molly x

ps tell me if you want to be tagged/untagged :hugs:
(edited 6 years ago)
oooh well done on the biology test! You’re smashing it! :smile:
I’ve never done Jekyll and Hyde, is it interesting?
Oh gosh drama sucks, luckily I have a really boring group of friends (though I love them all the same :biggrin:).
My sister is in year nine and I can literally hear her on the phone to a friend right now about whatever drama is happening...year nine seems to be the worst year for all that :frown:)
Don’t stress about the mun, I’m sure you’ll make new friends and the ib girl will (fingers crossed) look out for you! And you’ll probably figure it out as you go along :wink:
Are you doing the IB after GCSEs?
Glad you’re feeling better and have had a good day :smile:
And I hope you’re asleep right now! (It’s almost 11pm I think!).
I’m reading ender’s game for the third time ‘cause i love it so much :smile:
EDIT: omg ignore me I just checked the clock app and it’s 9pm for you whoops
(edited 6 years ago)
well done on biology, that's a fab score!:smile:
jekyll and hyde's a really interesting book but some of the words in it are so obscure i'm like "eh wtf"
glad to hear you're getting your love back for english, it's great when you get really into a subject:h:
reading harry potter and the philosopher's stone at the moment but i don't have much time to read anymore so:frown:
oooh well done on the biology test! You’re smashing it! :smile:
I’ve never done Jekyll and Hyde, is it interesting?
Oh gosh drama sucks, luckily I have a really boring group of friends (though I love them all the same :biggrin:).
My sister is in year nine and I can literally hear her on the phone to a friend right now about whatever drama is happening...year nine seems to be the worst year for all that :frown:)
Don’t stress about the mun, I’m sure you’ll make new friends and the ib girl will (fingers crossed) look out for you! And you’ll probably figure it out as you go along :wink:
Are you doing the IB after GCSEs?
Glad you’re feeling better and have had a good day :smile:
And I hope you’re asleep right now! (It’s almost 11pm I think!).
I’m reading ender’s game for the third time ‘cause i love it so much :smile:
EDIT: omg ignore me I just checked the clock app and it’s 9pm for you whoops

thank you!
i am finding it a little bit more interesting than i initially thought but i actually haven't finished it yet!
if i stay at my school, which seems highly likely then yep I will do IB :smile:
ahah yep it's currently a four hour difference but i'm not sure when the clocks change :h:
how much have i missed? do update me x
Original post by entertainmyfaith
well done on biology, that's a fab score!:smile:
jekyll and hyde's a really interesting book but some of the words in it are so obscure i'm like "eh wtf"
glad to hear you're getting your love back for english, it's great when you get really into a subject:h:
reading harry potter and the philosopher's stone at the moment but i don't have much time to read anymore so:frown:

thank you so much! :love:
yeah i get you, so many weird wordsss

really late update!

nothing really happened school wise so no need to talk about that, just wanted to add a quick update about mun:h:
the conference was thursday afternoon-evening and then 13 hours yesterday! :sleep:
but overall it was an amazing experience and ik no one from it will see this but i want to thank all the year 11/12/13s who put this all together :tongue: it was a perfect first conference
thursday started with a talk about how we are the future and it was a bunch of stuff but it was really good, and then we went into our committees and i'd spent every night that week trying to find out as much as possible so i was prepared but i had my laptop in case, and we did the standard procedure of a gsl and then motions and all thattttt
the committees were pretty small so i only had 10 people in mine which wasn't too bad at they were all really nice :smile:
i spoke twice or three times in the 3 hour session on thursday which is quite a bit seeing as we spent quite a lot of time getting things like wifi set up

friday
and then yesterday we (sorry the council) had a three hour session which was mostly an un-mod to do resolutions and ours was the only one that passed :wink:
we had lunch and we were all sort of expecting the "unexpected crisis" which happens in most conferences but we all thought they would just be in our small committees so when we went up to the place they told us to go I was (sorry this delegate was) pretty nervous, for me talking in front of 70 people (roughly) is a big deal, especially when i'm the youngest
luckily, nobody had to talk and Finland wasn't the most relevant country so there wasn't any pressure
however after the first three hour session on the crisis i was getting a bit more comfortable and was writing speeches i just didn't get the chance to say them.. that is until resolutions.
so we had a 15 minute un-moderated caucus to discuss resolutions and as Finland is neutral I had to go with the one I believed in the most and that was the one with the US and UK etc..
this wasn't compulsory or anything but after the larger powers told everyone about their resolutions they ask for speakers for and against the resolution and i knew i would really regret it if i didn't speak so i raised my sign thing in the air and went to the front and spoke for a minute in front of 70 people.... 70 really smart people, in that entire room there was only 5 year 9s and everyone else was older than me so i had a real sense of achievement :h:
anyway our resolution passed and china and russia declared war and it was a bit of a nice way to end it (because it was so ridiculous not because they declared war :colondollar:)
anyway yeah i feel a lot more confident, i met loads of really nice and interesting people and i'm looking forward to the next one! :tongue:
also in the meetings you can pass notes and i think the guy from Germany liked me a little bit... he kept trying to start a convo and all the note passers knew when i received a note it was either from him or my friend who was on the other side of the room so we had reallyyyy weird conversations :laugh: i saved all of the notes though and i've stuck them into my mun book :smile:

sorry for the random update it was just a pretty big experience for me and i'm so glad i didn't back out :h:
i have a singing lesson now and then revisionnn yay :hmpf:
hope you enjoyed, i'll try to be back to normal next week :grouphugs:
1 week left of school
and 1 week and 6 days until my birthday! :love:
-molly x

tell me if you want to be tagged/untagged :smile:
also i'd love some suggestions of ways i can spread this? x
(edited 6 years ago)
thank you!
i am finding it a little bit more interesting than i initially thought but i actually haven't finished it yet!
if i stay at my school, which seems highly likely then yep I will do IB :smile:
ahah yep it's currently a four hour difference but i'm not sure when the clocks change :h:
how much have i missed? do update me x

My friend is doing the IB next year:h:
I think they change next weekend?!
I’d say it’s been an average week for me but it really hasn’t :biggrin:
glad to hear your conference went well:biggrin:
My friend is doing the IB next year:h:
I think they change next weekend?!
I’d say it’s been an average week for me but it really hasn’t :biggrin:

please elaborateeee.... :biggrin:

18 & 19th March 2018

Sunday

Arabic - didn't do much, got our speaking results back though.....

Spoiler

Physics - started talking about space and the real basics about telescopes but I just don't enjoy physics and I thought space would be fun but mehhhhhhh

Drama - had a cover teacher so didn't get much done but it's all good for some reason i'm not stressed about the fact that our group hasn't done anything?! Very unlike me lol :colondollar:

English - we looked at how brutality is portrayed in Jekyll and Hyde and spent a while looking and connotations and interpretations of the words cane, hide and fist! I love english now it's definitely one of my top subjects again :h:

PE - our teacher is out on a trip so we had one of the male pe teachers and we did rounders for the first hour which was really fun because it was such a bad game. All of our good/sporty people are on a sports tour in South Africa so it was really fun. Then for the second bit we played bulldogs and bulldogs with a rugby ball and we got to tackle people and punch those rugby bags and it was a really really fun lesson :tongue:

Monday

DT - such a waste of a lesson i swear

Geography - we were looking at debt in low income countries which was interesting i guessss :s-smilie:

History - watched a documentary on the battle of jetland which was actually really horrible to watch but it was really interesting! History is so sad sometimes :frown:

Maths - had our end of term maths exam... It was impossible! It was fine until the last couple of pages and then I just sat there staring at this piece of paper not having any clue at all.... I wish I'd looked over more stuff but there's nothing more I can do now that paper is a genuine reflection of what I know :redface:

Spanish - watched extra!

ICT - messed around the entire lesson and just talked about club penguin! :biggrin:

Pretty good couple of days.... tonight I got some chemistry revision done for my test tomorrow and last night I had a picnic in the park with Guides because it was the last meeting of the term! :h:

Thank you for reading! How have your weekends/mondays' been?
-Molly :love:

3 days until easter holidays
(almost) 10 days until my birthday!!

pssssss: i asked on my last post but only two people saw it, if anyone has any advice on how to get this out into the worldddd please let me know :cute:

let me know if you want to be tagged/untagged x
Ahhh, the pre-GCSE years, how I miss them. Enjoy year 9 while you can!!! Also good choices for your options!
please elaborateeee.... :biggrin:

uhhhh well...
Over the course of the week I found out my cat had cancer and then she passed away:frown:
I played a lot of tennis:tongue:
It snowed:wink: so ya know went sledging instead of doing work:colondollar:
Um got some tests back, recorded my music gcse piece (my group performance) and now I think about it, it was a pretty average week...

CONGRATS ON YOUR ARABIC:redface:
that’s so cool that they have a trip to South Africa lmao our trips seem so lame in comparison:biggrin:
Hooray for good days!!
Your Easter holidays are early! I’ve got until next Thursday afternoon (though I’m out of lessons Monday to Wednesday next week woo).
Um I have no idea on how to get it out to the world:smile: but honestly your blog is great, I wouldn’t worry about how many people read/comment on it:h:
well done on that arabic result!:biggrin:
and pe's fun when you play with the right people:tongue:
um i tend to comment on other people's blogs and ask them to tag me so i can interact with them. i give it a week or so, and then just start tagging them on mine:redface: seems to work most of the time?
and i'm sure the maths exam didn't go too bad:smile:
Original post by Emrockpurple
Ahhh, the pre-GCSE years, how I miss them. Enjoy year 9 while you can!!! Also good choices for your options!

haha it's pretty boring i can't wait to get on interesting stuff!
thank you!!
where are you in your education?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending