The Student Room Group

IBM Futures Scheme 2018 Entry [thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iamhasana
Are you going to be based in London? What Area within the business?

Yeah based in London and New Client Acquisitions.. You?
Reply 21
Original post by frankiwright

London, Financial Operations Analyst
Reply 22

Have you got your signing bonus yet or does that get given on the first day
Have you got your signing bonus yet or does that get given on the first day

Wow... Didn't know we got a signing bonus? How much?
Reply 24
Wow... Didn't know we got a signing bonus? How much?

I remember at the AC it was bullet pointed as a 'perk' they didn't disclose the fee. Will you be living in London?
Reply 25
ummmmm the ipat was filthy hard
Has anyone done the AC yet?
Reply 27
Original post by yeezy700
Has anyone done the AC yet?

Did mine in December
M
Did mine in December
How was that then? mine one is Tuesday and I'm stuck
Reply 29
M How was that then? mine one is Tuesday and I'm stuck

Its fairly straight forward. The presentations can be the toughest part depending on which interviewer you receive. They also look at your CV closely so make sure you are on top of that
Its fairly straight forward. The presentations can be the toughest part depending on which interviewer you receive. They also look at your CV closely so make sure you are on top of that
I cannot think about what to do my presentation on that I can relate to, if I do find something its not outside the box. Any tips on finding and presenting the product?
Reply 31
I cannot think about what to do my presentation on that I can relate to, if I do find something its not outside the box. Any tips on finding and presenting the product?

it doesn't have to be outside the box. Just relate it to your daily life.
Reply 32
Original post by Swxg
What sort of questions do they ask on the virtual interview? I've been looking around but can't really find anything on their website or online so I would really appreciate some general advice.

Cheers

General questions like why IBM?, How do you work in a team well? stuff like that
Reply 33
Hi All,

I was on the IBM Futures Scheme a few years ago and am have stayed at the company as a Degree Apprentice. Feel free to ask me any questions etc!

One thing I would say is that don't stress if you are in matching for a while! I was in matching for quite a few months it just goes like that sometimes!
Original post by jra216
Hi All,

I was on the IBM Futures Scheme a few years ago and am have stayed at the company as a Degree Apprentice. Feel free to ask me any questions etc!

One thing I would say is that don't stress if you are in matching for a while! I was in matching for quite a few months it just goes like that sometimes!

Hey i was just wondering, how does it work to be a degree apprentice? were you business or technology? where were you based?
thanks
Reply 35
So I joined IBM as a future with zero technical skills/knowledge, I built up some knowledge over the year and started the degree apprenticeship. The Digital and Technology Solutions degree by nature has a business and technical element and is designed to build skills in both areas therefore producing rounded IT professionals with skills in both disciplines. Whilst a future this will be something that is explained and advertised! Hopefully that helps - also worth noting for people that know they want to go to uni that the Futures year is not ‘recruitment for apprenticeships’ whilst they would like a lot of people to stay... Futures are hired to do roles similar to placement students and add a lot of value. So if you know you want to go to uni after don’t let the above put you off!
Does anyone have any advice for the AC on presentations etc?
Original post by jra216
Hi All,

Do you have any advice for the AC, especially the presentation??
Reply 38
Original post by sugar_spice03
Do you have any advice for the AC, especially the presentation??

My advice would be as follows:

- Don't stress/worry too much - the AC is just a way of IBM assessing whether you are a suitable candidate for the company, do you have the skills for the roles that we are looking to fill. On the other hand it is also you trying to understand whether IBM is right for you, do you like the culture etc?

- Do some research into IBM (presumably/hopefully you have already done this to an extent) but really try to understand what IBM is trying to do in the market, where is it investing etc. IBM is no longer a 'computer' company (as many people think) so make it clear that you know and can illustrate that. Also, it's good to understand how this ties in with IBM's financials and its strategy.

- Finally, the aim of the assessment center is to asses people... don't be afraid to speak up, ask questions. We are looking for people we think can work successfully in teams, communicate, reason etc. Think about the skills that are required in the workplace, that is what IBM are looking for so try and illustrate that.
So I've been put in matching today. Any idea how long it will take for me to get a business interview/get 'matched'?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending