The Student Room Group

Predicted grades and university pressure is overwhelming

So I've always suffered with mental illness, and I thought I had it under control until recently, since exams have crept up. I'm expected to get high grades in order to get into the university I've applied for, and I psychically can't cope with it anymore. I don't have many people around me at the moment, and I know they're struggling with exams too so I don't want to bother them but its becoming so bad I can't concentrate and revise, or be bothered to go on anymore.
I’m going through the same thing. I’m scared I’ll fail exams and I honestly think I have a success rate of 30%. I cope badly with the stress. Self destructive... What I have found helpful tho is to walk outside or bike. Its good to remove yourself physically from revision. It helps to reset and calm my mind. I can concentrate better and I feel like I did atleast one good thing that day which is excersice.
Original post by Anonymous
So I've always suffered with mental illness, and I thought I had it under control until recently, since exams have crept up. I'm expected to get high grades in order to get into the university I've applied for, and I psychically can't cope with it anymore. I don't have many people around me at the moment, and I know they're struggling with exams too so I don't want to bother them but its becoming so bad I can't concentrate and revise, or be bothered to go on anymore.

Just make the issue more manageable by realising the only thing you need to focus on is taking it one day at a time, follow your revision plan and do your best.
Everything else takes care of itself. Your plan should have short achievable 30-50 min tasks and do x of those a day. Dont let your mind wander.

As for relaxation, put aside a little time to hat to friends, have a coffee, watch tv, have a bath, sleep, meditate

Three months and it will be over. If things dont turn out as you want then just resit..

Quick Reply

Latest