The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Muslim Girls in Queen Mary

Hi, I saw a thread earlier about the Uni of Manchester, and I was wondering the same about Queen Mary and if any Muslim girls go there? Is there any single-sex accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
queen mary is in london. so yes most likely.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
it is basically majority muslim girls there?
Reply 3
???
Queen Mary’s is full of Muslims because it’s in the side of London were there are loads of Asians and there are loads of halal food places to go and eat, so I wouldn’t worry about that aspect.
I study at UCL but I live near Queen Mary; QM is full of Muslims , bengalis predominantly and internationals. They have a large Islamic community and do accommodate for religious needs. It’s in Mile End, close to Bow, Whitechapel, Stepney, Bethnal , all Muslim areas packed with Asian halal food.

If you want to be a good Muslim at QM, it’s more than possible
Reply 6
lol how easy would it be to get a girl if ur asian too, i mean due to the large population u described in QM
Reply 7
Original post by SherlockD
I study at UCL but I live near Queen Mary; QM is full of Muslims , bengalis predominantly and internationals. They have a large Islamic community and do accommodate for religious needs. It’s in Mile End, close to Bow, Whitechapel, Stepney, Bethnal , all Muslim areas packed with Asian halal food.

Hi thank you! Oh it’s not really due to religious needs, if I was more comfortable I wouldn’t mind having a mixed-sex dorm. I just personally do not feel very comfortable living around men I do not know, and to be honest, I’ve lived in hotels with men for field trips and I’ve never felt so self-conscious and aware my entire life 😭 so I was just asking if there were any Muslim women as I know that many who are usually hijabi’s love in single-sex dorms :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Sweetpotayto
Queen Mary’s is full of Muslims because it’s in the side of London were there are loads of Asians and there are loads of halal food places to go and eat, so I wouldn’t worry about that aspect.

Thank you! Oh thank god for halal food places :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by R4JBO55
it is basically majority muslim girls there?

I’m sorry :smile: I didn’t necessarily know due to the fact that when I went there it was more British people that I had talked to :smile:
Original post by naofassiri
Hi thank you! Oh it’s not really due to religious needs, if I was more comfortable I wouldn’t mind having a mixed-sex dorm. I just personally do not feel very comfortable living around men I do not know, and to be honest, I’ve lived in hotels with men for field trips and I’ve never felt so self-conscious and aware my entire life 😭 so I was just asking if there were any Muslim women as I know that many who are usually hijabi’s love in single-sex dorms :smile:

I'm afraid if you're going to be applying for student accomodation QM doesn't have any single-sex dorms avaliable. However, the only thing you would be sharing with other people is the kitchen. All the rooms are en-suite so you will have your own bathroom. You should be aware though that a lot of students will be drinking and partying until 2am. So, expect a lot of noise and mess in the kitchen.
Original post by cgcf
I'm afraid if you're going to be applying for student accomodation QM doesn't have any single-sex dorms avaliable. However, the only thing you would be sharing with other people is the kitchen. All the rooms are en-suite so you will have your own bathroom. You should be aware though that a lot of students will be drinking and partying until 2am. So, expect a lot of noise and mess in the kitchen.

Thank you very much for your reply, it’s much appreciated :smile: oh trust me I know, my English teacher recommended that I have a trusty pair of noise cancelling headphones.
Original post by naofassiri
Thank you very much for your reply, it’s much appreciated :smile: oh trust me I know, my English teacher recommended that I have a trusty pair of noise cancelling headphones.

What course have you applied for?
Original post by cgcf
What course have you applied for?

Politics :smile:

lol whats the likelyhood u could get a girlfriend at qm with a bengali girl lol
Original post by R4JBO55
lol whats the likelyhood u could get a girlfriend at qm with a bengali girl lol

Me personally? Very likely. I can use the QM library if i want to, attract some female attention, and I'm sliding into someone's DMs before you know it. Bengali girls act religious at QM, but in fact aren't that religious. I do know the head boy of their islamic society is going out with the head girl, despite asking for "brothers, please refrain from female contact before marriage, especially haram such as dating, pre-marital affairs etc."
Me personally? Very likely. I can use the QM library if i want to, attract some female attention, and I'm sliding into someone's DMs before you know it. Bengali girls act religious at QM, but in fact aren't that religious. I do know the head boy of their islamic society is going out with the head girl, despite asking for "brothers, please refrain from female contact before marriage, especially haram such as dating, pre-marital affairs etc."

yh obviously bro, nothing haram just getting to know different people and getting to know some girls is all :smile: lol jus pray, eat, study and chat up girls. pm bro, do u go to qm??

that's a lie lol
it's happening at city not QM
Original post by Bloom77
that's a lie lol
it's happening at city not QM

lol what chatting bengali girls of jus girls in general
Original post by R4JBO55
lol what chatting bengali girls of jus girls in general

I meant the head sister thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending