The Student Room Group

answering question that my class have not studied

so for GCSE edexcel history our teacher has chosen to teach us the american west and therefore we should answer the american west questions in the exam, although whilst going through the spec it had another topic that interested me far more (cold war era) so could i self teach myself or get a tutor and answer that question instead?
I mean you could but when you are sitting in class and doing a question about the american west for homework or in class what are you gonna do? It’s just more work for yourself. But yeah if you want to i guess.

EDIT // i do the cold war and trust me IT’S NOT INTERESTING. The questions to answer are really hard and the topic is really detailed.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by twana1234
so for GCSE edexcel history our teacher has chosen to teach us the american west and therefore we should answer the american west questions in the exam, although whilst going through the spec it had another topic that interested me far more (cold war era) so could i self teach myself or get a tutor and answer that question instead?

Well, you could, but your school will have chosen what they want you to study so there isn't any point in teaching yourself another topic. I mean your school chose it for you and so you should just do what your school said to do. It's more work so there isn't any point really, but if you really want, no one is stopping you sooo.
ngl, i would focus on learning what you school wants you to learn and perhaps learn about the cold war in your free time?

Quick Reply

Latest