The Student Room Group

Gcse science?

In my CGP book it claims i'm sitting 6 science exams yet my ACTUAL timetable states i'm only sitting 4 GCSE combined synergy exams?! Which topic(s) would be included in the combined synergy within the 4 papers?
Original post by gtty123
In my CGP book it claims i'm sitting 6 science exams yet my ACTUAL timetable states i'm only sitting 4 GCSE combined synergy exams?! Which topic(s) would be included in the combined synergy within the 4 papers?

Look on the spec.
exam board?
Reply 3
Original post by Bill Nye
exam board?

AQA
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Look on the spec.

I have it says I have 6 yet i have 4 on my ACTUAL GCSE science exam
Original post by gtty123
I have it says I have 6 yet i have 4 on my ACTUAL GCSE science exam

Look on the spec for the topics and ask your exams officer about the number of exams.
Reply 6
if I'm not mistaken, AQA synergy actually has 4 exams, yet there is no revision guide specifically for synergy, only trilogy which you are not sitting but does in fact have 4 exams.

can you check your CGP book to see if it even hints at being synergy?
Reply 7
sorry meant to say trilogy has SIX exams, which it definitely does
Reply 8
Original post by DrawTheLine
Look on the spec for the topics and ask your exams officer about the number of exams.

Ok i'll ask
Reply 9
Original post by Miss B'
sorry meant to say trilogy has SIX exams, which it definitely does

Mine says combined science AQA GCSE 9-1
yeah that's your course and you will with be sitting 4 exams for synergy or 6 exams for trilogy. I don't think there is a revision guide specifically for synergy, the content is the same for synergy and trilogy just learned and assessed in different formats.
Reply 11
Ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest