The Student Room Group

Teens with edgy music taste

So I’m 15 and I find it strange that I’ve never met anybody with similar music taste to me! I’ve always found it really hard to enjoy the pop music my friends listen to that’s on the radio because I’m really into Rnb and appreciate good songwriting. Let me know if you’ve had this experience too (or like Rnb as well!)
Xx

Scroll to see replies

Okay big mood
Original post by sarishaofthesha
So I’m 15 and I find it strange that I’ve never met anybody with similar music taste to me! I’ve always found it really hard to enjoy the pop music my friends listen to that’s on the radio because I’m really into Rnb and appreciate good songwriting. Let me know if you’ve had this experience too (or like Rnb as well!)
Xx

I don't like pop music, I don't like RnB either.

But I do appriciate good songwriting. It might not be your type but I would reccomend taking some time to listen to Oasis and The Verve.
At least we can all agree Jcole's new album is shocking
none of my friends have the same taste as me
I only listen to michael jermaine jackie tito and Marlon jackson
Original post by Baza2002
none of my friends have the same taste as me
I only listen to michael jermaine jackie tito and Marlon jackson

At least I’m not the only one who is alone! But all the edgy people who are in the urban scene in London are older than me, it’s kind of sad for me!
I only listen to birdsongs it's hard to find other teenagers that like this genre since you have to get up at 4-5am to catch the good stuff
I listen to indie(willow, Steve lacy etc) , Xxxtentacion, Siloh, billie ellish, Khalid, Daniel Caesar, Shakka, Stormzy ( I also listen to all lost of uk artists) Tom grennan, sampha. I know it's a lot.
Original post by Tommy123Hull
I don't like pop music, I don't like RnB either.

But I do appriciate good songwriting. It might not be your type but I would reccomend taking some time to listen to Oasis and The Verve.

Oasis is always playing on my phone. But I’m not really into any ‘genre’s’- I can go from Green Day to Eminem to Oasis to Royal Blood etc. because I just like ‘good’ (subjective I know)songs- on either an intellectual or emotional level.
You do know what edgy means right?
Reply 10
Pagan black metal.
Original post by Vikingninja
You do know what edgy means right?

...yes
I love r&b/grime/hip hop (I like the uk rap scene more) BUT J COLES ALBUM 😍
...yes

One of the last things I would describe RnB as.
Reply 14
At least I’m not the only one who is alone! But all the edgy people who are in the urban scene in London are older than me, it’s kind of sad for me!

stop calling RnB edgy.
One of the last things I would describe RnB as.

Depends what type you’re listening to, I don’t mean the fake mainstream rap Rnb
Original post by Moura
stop calling RnB edgy.

It’s not mainstream Rnb, you wouldn’t know a single artist I listen to...
Depends what type you’re listening to, I don’t mean the fake mainstream rap Rnb

Nothing about any RnB is edgy at all, heavy rock going on about fighting is edgy.
Reply 18
Pagan black metal.

Come along, burn a church, sacrifice an enslaved child.
Nothing about any RnB is edgy at all, heavy rock going on about fighting is edgy.

That’s just your opinion, but I don’t agree, soz. The music I listen to is unlike anything else. If you don’t know it you can’t judge it

Quick Reply

Latest