The Student Room Group

RE Exam today

How did everyones Re exam go. some of the question were hard, right?? im doing christianity and islam btw

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I found the question on alms hard as i only knew one quote. Otherwise, it was kinda ok not as horrible as i expected but some very unexpected questions like in chrisitianity 'infant baptism is not as important as beliver's baptism. I just used "no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit" to show baptism is important regardless of age as it is needed to enter heaven. Idk but hope everyone does well xx
what exam board?
Reply 3
Original post by louisaharkness
what exam board?

AQA
Reply 4
Original post by _.Hals.
I found the question on alms hard as i only knew one quote. Otherwise, it was kinda ok not as horrible as i expected but some very unexpected questions like in chrisitianity 'infant baptism is not as important as beliver's baptism. I just used "no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit" to show baptism is important regardless of age as it is needed to enter heaven. Idk but hope everyone does well xx

i found the jummah prayer one for islam quite hard
Original post by _.Hals.

what did you write for the alms question?
Tha alms question messed with my whole year omg, we're all muslims and we've never heard the word. most of use wrote it in the way that it was some sort of giving to charity
Reply 7
Original post by sophiealice4273

I wrote "alms are meant only for the poor,the needy" which was the only quote i could think of. The other belief i did was just a guess that its unnecessary due to zakah. but yh i was so stuck on it and as a Muslim myself idk what alms is neither did the majority of the Muslims in the exam room :redface:
Reply 8
Original post by milliewolf
i found the jummah prayer one for islam quite hard

yh me too i just used teachings because i didnt think learning quotes for jummah was even necessary as it was mentioned so briefly in the revision guide. I just said that its an obligation for men for the for and the against was pretty easy as there are many quotes for salah (i.e "so woe to those who are heedless of their prayer" Quran)
Original post by _.Hals.
I wrote "alms are meant only for the poor,the needy" which was the only quote i could think of. The other belief i did was just a guess that its unnecessary due to zakah. but yh i was so stuck on it and as a Muslim myself idk what alms is neither did the majority of the Muslims in the exam room :redface:

ah fair i wrote stuff like some muslims do it for personal gain to get to paradise because god sees their good deeds whereas others do it purely selflessly to help other muslims. i think i was wrong though
Reply 10
Original post by sophiealice4273

oh no... ive just realised alms IS ZAKAH. it was used as a trick to scare us ugh ;-; Well, i already know i've definitely lost 2 marks out of 4
Original post by _.Hals.
oh no... ive just realised alms IS ZAKAH. it was used as a trick to scare us ugh ;-; Well, i already know i've definitely lost 2 marks out of 4

ah damn don't worry about it i probs got zero my answer was actual rubbish
Original post by _.Hals.
yh me too i just used teachings because i didnt think learning quotes for jummah was even necessary as it was mentioned so briefly in the revision guide. I just said that its an obligation for men for the for and the against was pretty easy as there are many quotes for salah (i.e "so woe to those who are heedless of their prayer" Quran)

exactly there was basically nothing in the revision guide and it was so mean to have it as a 12 mark question
Did anyone else do Hinduism?
Reply 14
Original post by milliewolf
exactly there was basically nothing in the revision guide and it was so mean to have it as a 12 mark question

Yh true it was really cruel and stupid. Oh well, good luck on thematic studies, its should be easy tho i was only worried about paper 1
I found the alms question pretty easy, it was contrasting so wrote about zakat and khums
did anyone do rs islaam B? for Edexcel
Reply 17
Original post by libbubble
Did anyone else do Hinduism?

me

for the kumbh mela one me and almost everyone else put once every 10 years lol the answers 3
Original post by _.Hals.
Yh true it was really cruel and stupid. Oh well, good luck on thematic studies, its should be easy tho i was only worried about paper 1

yeah same. Good luck to you too xx
Original post by nusratislam
I found the alms question pretty easy, it was contrasting so wrote about zakat and khums

thats what i did as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest