The Student Room Group

Is there any point in trying for a remark?

Hello,

Checked my final year degree results today and I have a 2.2 which is fine but I'm disappointed about missing that 2.1 by quite literally 2.5 percent with my overall mark being 57.5

I'd like to ask for a remark but my university is asking for substantial evidence that I think something has gone wrong during the marking process. Is it even worth attempting to go through this? Will it even change anything?
2.5% over the course of a degree is a significant difference, and would require major grade changes potentially over several modules.

Additionally if you had any concerns with the grades you should have appealed at the time each assessment was completed with your evidence not after the exam board.

A 2.1 is a lot of students goals however I don’t advise frivolously appealing unless you have significant evidence & good reason to believe you are entitled to a remark. The appeals system is unlikely to even consider your re-assessment without significant evidence as you are appealing post exam board which is likely to be taken to a pinch of salt.

Being disappointed with your grades is natural, but by itself not grounds for appeal. Exam boards generally have an obligation to award the highest overall classification possible to a student, thus if they could have awarded a 2.1 likely would have.
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by stonemason
Hello,

Checked my final year degree results today and I have a 2.2 which is fine but I'm disappointed about missing that 2.1 by quite literally 2.5 percent with my overall mark being 57.5

I'd like to ask for a remark but my university is asking for substantial evidence that I think something has gone wrong during the marking process. Is it even worth attempting to go through this? Will it even change anything?

Do you have any evidence that something has gone wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest