The Student Room Group

Two nines at gcse english ask me anything

last year i got two nines in gcse lit and lang, happy to answer any q’s

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How to revise and what books did u do?
ellie could u send me a good example that u have written. also any revision material will be greatly appreciated for lit and lang
any tips on how to do well in literature and language. how to structure lit answer
Original post by Kev02
How to revise and what books did u do?

I did macbeth, inspector calls and a christmas carol

Revison wise, quotes, language devices, for language i would look at random pieces of text and try to find devices
Also mindmaps of key themes and essay plans for every possible question
Original post by anonymous69gcse
any tips on how to do well in literature and language. how to structure lit answer

structure i used point, evidence, analyse, more evidence, analyse, link back to question ALWAYS
Also i integrated context that was RELEVANT to my point
Dont pick random quotes to analyse they need to prove your stance on the text
i need revision material that was either given to or made by you?

all of it. i need tht 9
what structure did you use
Original post by Ilikerevising
i need revision material that was either given to or made by you?

all of it. i need tht 9

What books
Original post by theyoutubekid
what structure did you use

Point, evidence, analysis of quote, try and link to context, evidence, analysis, evidence, link back to question
How do I write about unseen poetry!???
Original post by elliemclaughlin1

how many quotes should I have memorized ideally for Macbeth and A Christmas Carol? My exam is tomorrow and I'm honestly just stressing at this point...
(edited 5 years ago)
how do you sound more articulate inw riting (i realise that sounds pretty broad) but usually i come up with a lot of ideas that are perceptive but i have problems putting them in structured paragraphs
Original post by alicewarren
How do I write about unseen poetry!???

find quotes in the poem that link to the question your given and highlight them, look at what each poet is trying to discuss, are they agreeing or disagreeing, from that form an argument on where you want to take your essay, using your quotes to prove your point. Make sure your find quotes that contain literary devices (caesura atc) and comment on these
what kind of context did you put in and how did you integrate this into your answer fluently

By any chance, do you have any revision materials that might help us
structure i used point, evidence, analyse, more evidence, analyse, link back to question ALWAYS
Also i integrated context that was RELEVANT to my point
Dont pick random quotes to analyse they need to prove your stance on the text

Hi did you have to do an effect on the reader bit to get the marks or was it not neeeded and what would you say for effect. thanks
I did macbeth, inspector calls and a christmas carol

Revison wise, quotes, language devices, for language i would look at random pieces of text and try to find devices
Also mindmaps of key themes and essay plans for every possible question

can you provide an example essay for macbeth and christmas carol so we have an idea on what to include to get top marks
How would you suggest tackling A Christmas Carol (the exam is tomorrow). What are the key themes/what they most likely will ask us about and which characters should we have a deeper understanding if than the likes of Fred (who doesn't say much).

Thanks!
Original post by Eesha Ahsen
how many quotes should I have memorized ideally for Macbeth and A Christmas Carol? My exam is tomorrow and I'm honestly just stressing at this point :frown:(

DO NOT STRESS YOU WILL DO AMAZING!! i knew about 30 for each, what helped me was just writing down every single quote i cld remember onto some paper, then reading a list of key quotes, then doing it again until my list got longer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending