The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature Paper 1 - Feelings, Predictions?

Anyone have any theories? My teacher told us that it’ll almost certainly be on Utterson as they haven’t produced a specimen on him, and suspects the extract will be the opening page. Do you agree, disagree?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by blackthrn
Anyone have any theories? My teacher told us that it’ll almost certainly be on Utterson as they haven’t produced a specimen on him, and suspects the extract will be the opening page. Do you agree, disagree?

I think it's going to be Hyde because although it seems like the most obvious character, they haven't had him before either
Reply 2
Original post by Kimran.02
I think it's going to be Hyde because although it seems like the most obvious character, they haven't had him before either

They produced a specimen on Hyde however, unlike Utterson. Hyde would be amazing to come up though!
Reply 3
They produced a specimen on Hyde however, unlike Utterson. Hyde would be amazing to come up though!

Yeah we could just link him to everything i.e Duality, Gothic Horror Convention, Reputation, Repression and Religion vs Science. That's just a dream, I strongly dislike analysing J and H, I find it quite hard to make sense of... What really doesn't help (don't know if it's just me) but the fact that 13 Reasons Why came out Friday and I need to just focus on Literature :s-smilie:
Yeah we could just link him to everything i.e Duality, Gothic Horror Convention, Reputation, Repression and Religion vs Science. That's just a dream, I strongly dislike analysing J and H, I find it quite hard to make sense of... What really doesn't help (don't know if it's just me) but the fact that 13 Reasons Why came out Friday and I need to just focus on Literature :s-smilie:

I HVE BEEN BINGE WATHCING 13 REASONS WHY OMGSGSUDBD
bun literature netflix is more important thas what im doing i giv eup with education
Reply 5

Context would be amazingly easy for Hyde...you can talk about the id, ego and superego as well. Hopefully it’ll be Hyde and Duality as duality hasn’t came up and it’s a big topic. I don’t watch many shows but the majority of my friends are in the same position as you right now haha
Reply 6
Original post by asran001.310
bun literature netflix is more important thas what im doing i giv eup with education

Living in a "Brown" family, don't know whether that makes my priorities different to yours
Reply 7
Context would be amazingly easy for Hyde...you can talk about the id, ego and superego as well. Hopefully it’ll be Hyde and Duality as duality hasn’t came up and it’s a big topic. I don’t watch many shows but the majority of my friends are in the same position as you right now haha

With writers purpose would you talk about the effect on the reader?
Reply 8
With writers purpose would you talk about the effect on the reader?

yeah, i think that’s essentially what that’s asking for. also mention about overarching themes in the play and how writer could purposely use one thing to link to something later in the play, or foreshadowing
Reply 9
yeah, i think that’s essentially what that’s asking for. also mention about overarching themes in the play and how writer could purposely use one thing to link to something later in the play, or foreshadowing

Okay Thanks x
Good Luck for tomorrow
Reply 10
Okay Thanks x
Good Luck for tomorrow

you too!
Reply 11
my teacher is predicting duality to come up as well! unsure about which character, but since last years question was on jekyll, the possibility of him coming up is lower (aqa could still pull one on us tbh).

for macbeth my teacher seems to think a guilt question might come up.

regarding feelings i'm 901% struggling to keep awake and assoicate quotes with themes-- it's such a slow process. ):
(edited 5 years ago)
Check out these PowerPoint which includes key themes, quotations and analysis. This is perfect for quick revision before exams.

Jekyll and Hyde: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/jekyll-and-hyde-themes-and-analysis-11905867

Romeo and Juliet: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/romeo-and-juliet-themes-and-analysis-11904381
Original post by asran001.310

lol i finished season 2 yesterday

i finished season 2 in the span of 2 days. i have issues and i never revised english lit

feelsbadman
Does any of you follow a set structure in your essays that is effective? I struggle with structuring my essays properly :c
Reply 15
Original post by oliviaal
Does any of you follow a set structure in your essays that is effective? I struggle with structuring my essays properly :c

don’t know if it counts but i do one para on the extract then one on rest of play to make sure both are included so i don’t run out of time. if something in rest of play/novel links to the extract i put that first or linked with the respective section of the extract. dot context throughout and do a quick plan first to ensure you know what you’re writing. other than that no tbh. do your strongest points first
Reply 16
also anyone got any thoughts for romeo and juliet? someone said the friar but there isn’t enough about him in the play for a full answer imo
don’t know if it counts but i do one para on the extract then one on rest of play to make sure both are included so i don’t run out of time. if something in rest of play/novel links to the extract i put that first or linked with the respective section of the extract. dot context throughout and do a quick plan first to ensure you know what you’re writing. other than that no tbh. do your strongest points first

Thanks
i am so nervous and scared tbh
I really hope Utterson comes up as I think duality is almost too obvious to come up because if you talk about literally anything it links back to duality

Also for romeo and juliet i am praying it isnt the friar or nurse so if anyone has anything on them please help me out as I dont know what I would write

Feeling much more prepared for jekyll and hyde than romeo and juliet ngl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending