The Student Room Group

bts concert 2018

i’m planning on seeing bts in london at the o2 this october but their policies about young people are annoying lmao. i’m 15 but to go in the pit/standing you have to be 16 or be with an adult (i don’t think anyone wants to take their mum to a bts concert lol). me and my friend both look 16 definitely and will do even more in october. but just wondering, has anyone, or does anyone get id checked at the o2 arena? don’t really want to pay for standing just to be kicked out 😬. thank u !!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jeonshii
you have to be 16 with or without an adult on O2's twitter someone asked them if they could stand at the pit with an 18+ adult and they replied no. but i really want to stand too!

yeah i know that now. but my friend said she will not get seating and wants to stand but still the risk of being id’d is still there 😬
I was also thinking the same thing. I’ll be 14 before I go to the bts concert and I live in Scotland so it will take about 10 hours to get down to London. If people are saying things on twitter and the o2 is seeing that people are doing this. it’s 50/50 chance on trying to get in if your under 16. The best way of probably getting in. is being with older people who are 16+ and dressing up older than you are wearing make up etc. I was at a gig recently for black veil brides and the standing was 14-16+ But I got in fine cause there was a lot of people trying to get in at once and they were only checking for the tickets. They did say they were going to check for ID but they didn’t cause of how many people were pushing to get in. So if the bts concert is going to be a big concert you might be able to get in but I’m not sure. The best chance you have is being with people older than you and trying to convince you saying that you’re are 16 and getting in. So if you feel confident that you can get in then take the risk but if you’re not then that’s up to you. I might take the risk on getting in since my friend who is 16 is coming and my mum is coming as well. GOOD LUCK~
Reply 3
Original post by sunshinekth
yeah i know that now. but my friend said she will not get seating and wants to stand but still the risk of being id’d is still there 😬

i wanna get standing tickets too, but i turn 16 two months after the concert. most people have said they don't normally check for id's unless it's an 18 event or as long as you can blend in you can get away with it.
They’re going to check for ID.. even if you look like 18 or something. They need to confirm that you’re at least 16. So if you look 16 then your ID I’d defo getting checked. Especially when many fans are already young and probably want to go into standing area too. It’s very strict for health and safety reasons.
(edited 5 years ago)
i’m planning on seeing bts in london at the o2 this october but their policies about young people are annoying lmao. i’m 15 but to go in the pit/standing you have to be 16 or be with an adult (i don’t think anyone wants to take their mum to a bts concert lol). me and my friend both look 16 definitely and will do even more in october. but just wondering, has anyone, or does anyone get id checked at the o2 arena? don’t really want to pay for standing just to be kicked out 😬. thank u !!

I've said this on another thread before, i wouldn't risk it. I understand that its unfair but those tickets are like gold dust. What happens if they just do a random check (like the bus inspectors) and find out your not 16 and send you home (idk???). At the end of the day its your money and if you wanna live life on the edge then go fo it.

You could always link up with a trust worthy looking fellow 18+ army at the actual concert. I would totes help out if I saw someone in that situation me and my friend are going, she'll be 18 by then and I'll be 17 so yeah you could try that route. Don't quote me if you get attacked though
Reply 7
I emailed the o2 arena and they had strictly said absolutely no under 16 in the standing area, so I wouldn’t take the risk because they do have the authority to stop you from going then and you might not get a refund.
Hi i wanted to know if I look exactly the same as my older sister would I get away with taking her ID, I’m 15 and I want to get standing seats ?
I accidentally bought standing tickets for bts and I’m 15 as well and I’m scaredddd that they won’t let me in :frown:(
Original post by btslover9999
Hi i wanted to know if I look exactly the same as my older sister would I get away with taking her ID, I’m 15 and I want to get standing seats ?

You probably would, I’m thinking of doing that as well
Let me know what you’re doing coz I’m thinking of doing the same thing
If you don't want to take the risk and sell your ticket, please hmu, I didn't manage to get tickets myself (I'm 16 btw)
Reply 13
If any of you decide to sell your ticket will you hmu as I still need a ticket. My friends and I have been trying to find me a ticket since the resale one came out.

the age restriction is to do with health and safety concerns, so id will be checked, e.g drivers license, bus pass, etc, i know some friends that would really love these tickets if you've changed you mind, who are willing to pay ~£160-£200 for them in exchange for balcony early entry tickets. DM me and I will put you in touch with them
Original post by allenslegacy
I accidentally bought standing tickets for bts and I’m 15 as well and I’m scaredddd that they won’t let me in :frown:(

the age restriction is to do with health and safety concerns, so id will be checked, e.g drivers license, bus pass, etc, i know some friends that would really love these tickets if you've changed you mind, who are willing to pay ~£160-£200 for them in exchange for balcony early entry tickets. DM me and I will put you in touch with them
Original post by btslover9999

If you are found out you could get in alot of trouble because its identity thieft regardless if your sister allowed you to or not. The age restriction is to do with health and safety concerns, so id will be checked, e.g drivers license, bus pass, etc, i know some friends that would really love these tickets if you've changed you mind, who are willing to pay ~£160-£200 for them in exchange for balcony early entry tickets. DM me and I will put you in touch with them
Original post by allenslegacy

the age restriction is to do with health and safety concerns, so id will be checked, e.g drivers license, bus pass, etc, i know some friends that would really love these tickets if you've changed you mind, who are willing to pay ~£160-£200 for them in exchange for balcony early entry tickets. DM me and I will put you in touch with them.
They will check your ID unfortunately. Could you ask around and see if anyone who is over 16 and already attending would be prepared to swap or buy your tickets? :^_^:
Original post by studier4life

soz mate id rather take my chances at seeing bts than sell my ticket

Quick Reply

Latest