The Student Room Group

ICT INFO 3 A Level Exam

How did you find the exam, and what questions did you find difficult?
Reply 1
I found the 20 marker difficult and the internal and external ICT systems to process an order
Other than that it was ok
What did you talk about for internal, and external ICT systems, if you don’t mind 🤔
Reply 3
Original post by Shahzeb_Khan
What did you talk about for internal, and external ICT systems, if you don’t mind 🤔

I put Ecommerce, Ordering, stock control, JIT, Accounts

What types of data did you guys put for the ordering system question?
How did you compare maintenance and support?
How many factors did you put for the ICT strategy question?
Original post by Melon4

1) I talked about customer details, address, email etc
2) I did not have a clue about that
3) I wrote 4 factors about the strategy

What about you?
Reply 5

I wrote about e-Commerce and stock levels also
I wrote about transaction processing too
Original post by Macy_d
I wrote about e-Commerce and stock levels also
I wrote about transaction processing too

What do you think of the grade boundaries
Reply 7
What do you think of the grade boundaries

I think they may move 4 marks up if at all
Original post by Melon4

I believe the question based around orders was question 7, I didn't have time to talk about that as I used the final 30 minutes to do question 8 (loved talking about security in that question).

To compare I looked at two similarities and two differences, stating their benefits and drawbacks, I've completely forgotten what I put.

I put around 3 - 5 factors in the ICT strategy question, though I did go into too much detail which wasted some time.

Hopefully I'll get a C or above, I only need 26 marks to do this, though I may surprise myself and get a B.
Ugh I think I completely screwed up the 20 marker! It was 4 paragraphs of complete waffle and I didn't even mention types of security systems apart from a firewall. Thats it. I was so confused about what they were asking for :/ :/
Original post by AutumnSummers
Ugh I think I completely screwed up the 20 marker! It was 4 paragraphs of complete waffle and I didn't even mention types of security systems apart from a firewall. Thats it. I was so confused about what they were asking for :/ :/

I wouldn't worry if you only screwed up the 20 marker. If you answered all the other questions, and have good grades in INFO1, 2 and 4, you'll get a good overall grade.
Original post by Yoshikage Kira
I wouldn't worry if you only screwed up the 20 marker. If you answered all the other questions, and have good grades in INFO1, 2 and 4, you'll get a good overall grade.

Yer I've got As in all of those so hoping losing the 20 marker doesn't drag my grade down too much cus I honestly doubt I got more than 2 marks on it 😂
Reply 12
What did you guys get in the INFO 4 coursework?
Original post by Melon4
What did you guys get in the INFO 4 coursework?

C - 46/70
What about yourself?
Reply 14
C - 46/70
What about yourself?

Somehow 66 which was an A*, but I feel as though I have let myself down in INFO 3
Original post by Melon4
Somehow 66 which was an A*, but I feel as though I have let myself down in INFO 3

Wow, that’s great, don’t stress over it your coursework grade will boost it if it’s that bad.
Reply 16
Wow, that’s great, don’t stress over it your coursework grade will boost it if it’s that bad.

Ah yeah thanks, hopefully
Original post by Melon4

Same! Took so much work tho...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending