The Student Room Group

Will these subjects allow me to go to a russlegroup Uni

If I did LIBF Financial Studies, BTEC ICT Single and A Level Maths would I be able to do like a computer science or economics degree? Thanks for your help
Reply 1
Original post by Tiger.
If I did LIBF Financial Studies, BTEC ICT Single and A Level Maths would I be able to do like a computer science or economics degree? Thanks for your help

Why do you want to go to a Russel Group University? Other universities exist and for you may well offer a much better experience and opportunity to really succeed. Russel Group University are seen as being good because they produce good results, but they do that because they only pick the best students who would do well wherever they go. They do not necessarily offer the best teaching, or the best support or the best pastoral support. Nor do they necessarily offer the best add ons or student experience.

Employers do not care for the colour of your tie. They are only interested in what you can do. Only you can show that. Which university go to is generally irrelivant.
Reply 2
Original post by hotpud
Why do you want to go to a Russel Group University? Other universities exist and for you may well offer a much better experience and opportunity to really succeed. Russel Group University are seen as being good because they produce good results, but they do that because they only pick the best students who would do well wherever they go. They do not necessarily offer the best teaching, or the best support or the best pastoral support. Nor do they necessarily offer the best add ons or student experience.

Employers do not care for the colour of your tie. They are only interested in what you can do. Only you can show that. Which university go to is generally irrelivant.

are the three subjects good though
Reply 3
It's Russell and means nothing
Original post by Tiger.

you'd be better off taking three a levels to include maths - avoid btecs and vocational qualifications
Reply 5
Have you actually looked at the entry requirements for these courses on Uni websites ....?
Have you emailed the Unis to check these entry requirements if its not clear on their website....?

Start by doing that .
As above, you'll need to email some target unis directly as they won't have public info about this specific combo of qualifications.

NB. Provide them the full title of the BTEC as there are a lot with similar award names.

RQF BTEC Nationals (Pearson BTEC Level 3)

National Certificate (graded P, M, D, D*) = 0.5 x A level

National Extended Certificate (graded P, M, D, D*) = 1.0 x A level

National Foundation Diploma (graded P, M, D, D*) = 1.5 x A levels

National Diploma (graded from PP to D*D*) = 2.0 x A levels

National Extended Diploma (graded from PPP to D*D*D*) = 3.0 x A levels

Reply 7
Original post by Tiger.

Do they meet the entry requirements of the course you want to do?

Quick Reply

Latest