The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Psychology 2018

How did everyone do? :smile:

On another note, could someone check and please tell me what the required mark was to get a grade B overall?
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
I got an A in psych, but I’m getting my photocopies as the actual raw marks for 2 papers didn’t seem like my usual/how I thought I performed on them, but who knows? Worth a try 🤷🏻*♀️

You can check the overall mark on the AQA website for Linear A-Levels and it’s in there 😊
Original post by safia.xox
How did everyone do? :smile:

On another note, could someone check and please tell me what the required mark was to get a grade B overall?

You needed 161 marks in total to get a B overall. I got an A but my results slip didn't have any marks or breakdown per paper, so don't know how high or low of an A it was.
Original post by 10cking
I got an A in psych, but I’m getting my photocopies as the actual raw marks for 2 papers didn’t seem like my usual/how I thought I performed on them, but who knows? Worth a try 🤷🏻*♀️

You can check the overall mark on the AQA website for Linear A-Levels and it’s in there 😊

I'm seeing about contacting my school's exams officer to see if I can get the full breakdown per paper/unit for Psychology and Geography, which are both AQA so no breakdown on the results slip. The reason why is because I'm curious to see how far I was off the A* grade boundary, as I'm not sure how I've got an A for Psychology when I counted around 25 more marks than the A* boundary in my *low* estimate for the subject overall after I did my exams. If the marks and/or grades for a paper/papers when I get the full breakdown of results are suspiciously low, I'll probably persue a review of marking or whatever.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Sycaphore
I'm seeing about contacting my school's exams officer to see if I can get the full breakdown per paper/unit for Psychology and Geography, which are both AQA so no breakdown on the results slip. The reason why is because I'm curious to see how far I was off the A* grade boundary, as I'm not sure how I've got an A when I counted around 25 more marks than the A* boundary in my *low* estimate for the subject overall after I did my exams. If the marks and/or grades for a paper/papers when I get the full breakdown of results are suspicious, I'll probably persue a review of marking or whatever.

See I am actually 4 marks into the A grade boundary (hence not a remark straight away), but my highest was in paper 2, my absolute worst exam of them all. My other two were extremely uncharacteristically low for me and when I looked at the ‘unofficial’ markschemes at the time I didn’t think I would get in the low 60s in my estimate... maybe mid 70s but I was really shocked at my p1 and p3 marks, hence getting a photocopy first. I did type and write though so i could have been extremely unlucky and they missed some questions? At the moment it’s all up in the air for me and for all I know it could be right, but worth a try 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 5
I got an A, barely scraped it. Luckily I got 192 marks and 190 where needed for an A.

I was shocked to say the least, I revised papers 2 and 3 the day before. Paper 2 I left out the whole of research methods revision and Paper 3 I did 4 hours of sleep.

BUT I’ll take the grade lol.
Reply 6
Original post by 10cking

Wow that’s amazing!
Original post by ukila
I got an A, barely scraped it. Luckily I got 192 marks and 190 where needed for an A.

I was shocked to say the least, I revised papers 2 and 3 the day before. Paper 2 I left out the whole of research methods revision and Paper 3 I did 4 hours of sleep.

BUT I’ll take the grade lol.

Regardless, congrats! So proud of your A grade :smile:
Original post by 10cking
See I am actually 4 marks into the A grade boundary (hence not a remark straight away), but my highest was in paper 2, my absolute worst exam of them all. My other two were extremely uncharacteristically low for me and when I looked at the ‘unofficial’ markschemes at the time I didn’t think I would get in the low 60s in my estimate... maybe mid 70s but I was really shocked at my p1 and p3 marks, hence getting a photocopy first. I did type and write though so i could have been extremely unlucky and they missed some questions? At the moment it’s all up in the air for me and for all I know it could be right, but worth a try 🤷🏻*♀️

I'll know for a fact that if I get the breakdown slip and Paper 3 isn't an A* or high A then something's up, as on that exam I would only have lost a few marks maximum - at least by my counting; if so, they could have missed a section out or something. I do wonder whether I scored too low marks in the other papers to get an A* overall; that might explain it, as one of the 16-mark questions in Paper 1 I didn't write that much for (as I had forgotten to revise what was on it until literally half an hour before the exam!), and the number of marks in Paper 2 (and Paper 1 to a maybe lesser extent) lost through various questions will have added up.

Hopefully I'll - and you'll - have answers soon!
(edited 5 years ago)
Was psychology difficult? Does anyonee honestly think it's possible to do a psychology A-level in one year?
Reply 9
Oh psychology is not difficult at all, I’d say you have a really good change of doing it in a year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending