The Student Room Group

Courses in university

I want to do law at university but Would I be limited to only do sport related courses at university if I was to just take a level 3 extended diploma in sport before going to university?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Timoteo194
I want to do law at university but Would I be limited to only do sport related courses at university if I was to just take a level 3 extended diploma in sport before going to university?

It's unlikely you would be able to study law with a Btec extended diploma in sports- you should look for something more closely related to the subject you want to study at university.
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
It's unlikely you would be able to study law with a Btec extended diploma in sports- you should look for something more closely related to the subject you want to study at university.

Would I be limited to only sport related course because I think some universities accept level 3 extended diploma to take criminology?
Reply 3
Original post by SarcAndSpark

Would I be limited to only sport related course because I think some universities accept level 3 extended diploma to take criminology but on their websites it says the extended diploma has be in a relevant subject what does dat exactly mean?
Would I be limited to only sport related course because I think some universities accept level 3 extended diploma to take criminology but on their websites it says the extended diploma has be in a relevant subject what does dat exactly mean?

I can't speak exactly for a university, but related will usually mean a science subject for a science degree, a humanities subject for a humanities degree and so on.

You could email the universities and ask.

Do be aware that getting into uni is a competitive process, so even if they will accept a particular subject, they may prefer others.

Criminology is also a very different degree to law.
Reply 5

Relevant BTECs for Law or Criminology would likely be; BTEC Applied Law, BTEC Public Services, BTEC Forensic Science, BTEC Business (Law pathway) or BTEC Criminology.
Reply 6
Original post by yt7777
Relevant BTECs for Law or Criminology would likely be; BTEC Applied Law, BTEC Public Services, BTEC Forensic Science, BTEC Business (Law pathway) or BTEC Criminology.

Would doing a work experience related to law and adding that to my UCAS application from help ??
Also does that mean I’m only limited to only do sport at uni then?
(edited 5 years ago)
Just a general link:

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/what-a-levels-do-you-need-to-study-law

Look at university entry requirements for Law, and usually preferred subject choices will appear for some.

Maths / English / History have all seemed popular with many people I knew who studied Law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending