The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by singhaman
Spent 5 years at Glasgow already! I can vouch for that. Can't wait to spend 5 more!!!

Loving it that much? That's reassuring, I've personally never been :biggrin: Isn't GEM your fist choice?
Spent 5 years at Glasgow already! I can vouch for that. Can't wait to spend 5 more!!!

BRGR, Pisano pizza and Hive and I’m happy (RIP Viper)
Original post by Antibiotics

Is viper gone???
Original post by fffrey
Is viper gone???

Yeah it’s closed!
Original post by arigziegler
Loving it that much? That's reassuring, I've personally never been :biggrin: Isn't GEM your fist choice?

Naaa, I live in Scotland, so I get little/no funding for GEM. So I didn't see the point in risking it. Also there's like no GEM in Scotland anyways

Viper was **** anyways. My favourite pizza place is Tony macaroni. Spuntini is a close second. Have y'all tried gumbo yet? I would highly recommend it
Naaa, I live in Scotland, so I get little/no funding for GEM. So I didn't see the point in risking it. Also there's like no GEM in Scotland anyways

St. Andrews?

Viper was **** anyways. My favourite pizza place is Tony macaroni. Spuntini is a close second. Have y'all tried gumbo yet? I would highly recommend it

Haha I promise if I can tear myself away from Hanoi’s bike club next time I’m up I’ll visit these places!
St. Andrews?

Haha I promise if I can tear myself away from Hanoi’s bike club next time I’m up I’ll visit these places!

St Andrews wants gamsat and adv higher chemistry, I don't have either. I don't want to put myself through gamsat, it sounds horrific
St Andrews wants gamsat and adv higher chemistry, I don't have either. I don't want to put myself through gamsat, it sounds horrific

You don’t need adv chemistry you only need higher however can vouch that the gamsat is indeed legal torture
Original post by fffrey
You don’t need adv chemistry you only need higher however can vouch that the gamsat is indeed legal torture

Haha it’s not that bad I quite enjoyed the essay section!!!
Haha it’s not that bad I quite enjoyed the essay section!!!

Oh It is definitely that bad!!! Ok Section 1 was fine actually, but my essays were atrocious and I definitely I came across waaaaayyyy to heavy in my arguments against the anti vaccine movement, not good haha. Don’t get me started on section 3, have never had to circle that many random boxes in my life. Never again. I’m not even risking using it!
Original post by fffrey
Oh It is definitely that bad!!! Ok Section 1 was fine actually, but my essays were atrocious and I definitely I came across waaaaayyyy to heavy in my arguments against the anti vaccine movement, not good haha. Don’t get me started on section 3, have never had to circle that many random boxes in my life. Never again. I’m not even risking using it!

you only need 50% to get 60 in the science section :smile: i thought i did atrociously and whilst 60 isnt an amazing score, its ok considering im not the brightest spark!!
(edited 5 years ago)
@Antibiotics that is a great score! Well done :smile: yeah, I only really took it in case I did badly (again) on the UKCAT, scotgem doesn’t really interest me due to its GP focus, but if it goes through clearing/extra again and I don’t have any offers I’ll go for it if my gamsat is above the cut off!
Original post by fffrey
@Antibiotics that is a great score! Well done :smile: yeah, I only really took it in case I did badly (again) on the UKCAT, scotgem doesn’t really interest me due to its GP focus, but if it goes through clearing/extra again and I don’t have any offers I’ll go for it if my gamsat is above the cut off!

unfortunately extra only works if you've not used all your options :frown: i tried last year, or i think it might if you already receive all your rejections by a certain date. Also thank you! look forward to hopefully seeing everyone at interviews- such a lovely grad cohort on TSR this year!
unfortunately extra only works if you've not used all your options :frown: i tried last year, or i think it might if you already receive all your rejections by a certain date. Also thank you! look forward to hopefully seeing everyone at interviews- such a lovely grad cohort on TSR this year!

Yeah you can apply if you have four rejections/withdrawals as I was going to last year but I didn’t have the gamsat, you just do it via a weird way I’m not sure you even use ucas. But I emailed them and they said it’s fine so long as you have no offers :smile: I doubt they’ll do it again though, but who knows! Doesn’t look like that many people are applying buts it’s a guess. Yeah I hope so! Totally agree!!
Original post by fffrey

(Original post by fffrey)Yeah you can apply if you have four rejections/withdrawals as I was going to last year but I didn’t have the gamsat, you just do it via a weird way I’m not sure you even use ucas. But I emailed them and they said it’s fine so long as you have no offers :smile: I doubt they’ll do it again though, but who knows! Doesn’t look like that many people are applying buts it’s a guess. Yeah I hope so! Totally agree!!

Lol, this is my second year applying, it started off slow last year too. I think it's because people apply here if they have a strong ukcat and the admissions criteria are pretty clear on the website, so doesn't leave much room for discussion
Lol, this is my second year applying, it started off slow last year too. I think it's because people apply here if they have a strong ukcat and the admissions criteria are pretty clear on the website, so doesn't leave much room for discussion

Ah yeah I don’t mean glasgow! I’m sure there are loads of applications, I mean scotgem as there were only around 220 last year. My second time as well though, from what I see you got interview practice last year though - I didn’t get any and am very nervous for if I get any!

its weird i went through a past email from glasgow and they said they couldnt rule out comparing degrees and alevels etc and said it was holistic, but when i rang up the other week they were very clear you just had to meet reqs and then there was a cut off based only on UKCAT. but on website it also says they assess PS etc. So i cant really tell how safe a high UKCAT is?
its weird i went through a past email from glasgow and they said they couldnt rule out comparing degrees and alevels etc and said it was holistic, but when i rang up the other week they were very clear you just had to meet reqs and then there was a cut off based only on UKCAT. but on website it also says they assess PS etc. So i cant really tell how safe a high UKCAT is?

Mmmmm interesting, I’m not surprised tbh. I guess it’s if people have the same UKCAT and it’s boderline on the cut off so I guess they’d pick people with higher grades etc? Also for after interviews they must have loads of people that did similarly well and have to compare 1st/2.1 grades etc. Hopefully not too much though haha
Reply 99

About 2/3 years ago Glasgow flirted with holistic assesment, but I think they then realised how much work is involved and went back to UKCAT, they have just never changed the website back for some odd reason

Latest

Trending

Trending