The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I only got 6A* but went to a really poor school with crap results and also lived in a crap place. I guess that helps me slightly as I might get 2 flags which gives me slight hope. Also, I have been getting 6s in both s1 and s2 so hoping I can pull that to a 7 and rest is all luck :colonhash: Hopefully I get interviewed at least so I can show them I'm not as dumb as my GCSEs make me appear
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
I only got 6A* but went to a really poor school with crap results and also lived in a crap place. I guess that helps me slightly as I might get 2 flags which gives me slight hope. Also, I have been getting 6s in both s1 and s2 so hoping I can pull that to a 7 and rest is all luck :colonhash: Hopefully I get interviewed at least so I can show them I'm not as dumb as my GCSEs make me appear

Good luck for the BMAT!!! What college have you applied for?
Original post by Foreverton
Good luck for the BMAT!!! What college have you applied for?

St John's
St John's

Ahhh very nice hope all goes well on the 31st
Do I have a chance at Oxford

7 x A* (incl 8’s and 9’s), 1 x A and 1 x Distinction in Level 2 Business (My state school changed it from a gcse)
Original post by yellowduckyyy
Do I have a chance at Oxford

7 x A* (incl 8’s and 9’s), 1 x A and 1 x Distinction in Level 2 Business (My state school changed it from a gcse)

Yep no reason why not
What sort of BMAT score do Oxford want? I am currently averaging 5.5-6,2 in section 2 and then anywhere between 4.7-6.1 in S1 (generally tends to be low 5s)
Original post by Khushi.S
What sort of BMAT score do Oxford want? I am currently averaging 5.5-6,2 in section 2 and then anywhere between 4.7-6.1 in S1 (generally tends to be low 5s)

I know someone who got in with a 3.5 and 4.6 so it doesn’t matter too much as long as you have strong gcses
Original post by NCharterhouse
I know someone who got in with a 3.5 and 4.6 so it doesn’t matter too much as long as you have strong gcses

What??! Really? I have 9,8,8,8A*s and an A at GCSE (which gets to 11A*s and an A) but say I was to get like 5.1 and 6.2 (which is what I will most likely get...) and then maybe like 3A in the essay, I could potentially get an interview?
What??! Really? I have 9,8,8,8A*s and an A at GCSE (which gets to 11A*s and an A) but say I was to get like 5.1 and 6.2 (which is what I will most likely get...) and then maybe like 3A in the essay, I could potentially get an interview?

You would almost certainly get an interview
Has anyone received a second confirmation?

The only thing I got was an email from ucas yesterday asking me to confirm for Oxford whether i had unspent convictions

Yeah I did
Original post by purppl32
I also got this email but I didnt see it until today bc my email had a virus so I logged out of everything and changed my password! it said you must do it by the 26th, so do you think they wont even consider my appliation now? :frown: I can't even confirm with ucas until monday I am stressing lol

Could you contact Oxford Admissions maybe?
Could you contact Oxford Admissions maybe?

I've contacted UCAS, but they won't reply until Monday so I'm guessing it's the same with Oxford, I've emailed them before and it's taken a couple days. Plus it's ucas who are going to forward it and idk I don't really wanna email oxford admissions about this and they think I'm such a disorganised human haha - I guess we'll see on Monday as it did say that the form had been submitted so I hope so !
St John's

ayyyy st johns applicant as well but im defo not getting a 7 or even a 6 loool

are you from a state school?
Original post by Deliciate
ayyyy st johns applicant as well but im defo not getting a 7 or even a 6 loool

are you from a state school?

Grammar school atm but I did my GCSEs from an under-performing school. I hope to get a 7 but I think I will end up with a 6s.
I got 10A* 1A in my GCSE’s from a high-achieving school - roughly what BMAT score do you guys reckon I’ll need to have a high chance of getting an interview?
How are you guys feeling about the BMAT?
How are you guys feeling about the BMAT?

I’ve done nowhere near enough prep to feel confident but I still think I should be more worried that I currently am

Latest

Trending

Trending