The Student Room Group

The GCSE November 2018 Maths resit for Edexcel 9-1 Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I guess i m going to fail again. The questions were unbelievably harder than the one in the summer...
Original post by stephh0pe
I thought it was considerably harder than the specimen and past papers. It might just be because the pressure gets to me but I felt as though I didn't do as well as I had in the past... Which is frustrating because I worked so hard and scored 8's in all the practice papers. Aiming for a 7 overall.

I Agree its probably the most difficult paper I have seen so far and
makes the June paper look easy. how do you think the grade boundaries are going to be like? everyone looked really upset at my school
Reply 22
I believe the grade boundaries might go down
Reply 23
How can they ask us about kites n circles in non calculator aaarrrrghhhhh:mad:
Original post by Dawn Silk
I Agree its probably the most difficult paper I have seen so far and
makes the June paper look easy. how do you think the grade boundaries are going to be like? everyone looked really upset at my school

Thanks for replying, it's always nice to know that other people found it difficult too. Judging by the questions, I would have thought the boundaries will be low... Like I said, I've scored high 7s and low 8s in all the specimen and practice papers and I found this exam significantly harder... Let's hope everyone gets the grades the need/want
It seemed like I was doing a calculator paper what's with all those circle questions? those big numbers
did they give us the wrong paper by mistake.
the easier questions were really time consuming too and some were just confusing.
Reply 26
post your answer here ...
Reply 27
Original post by adii?
post your answer here ...

higher or foundation?
Reply 28
Totally agree
Reply 29
higher paper 1 non calculator
Higher paper 69 degrees circle theorems question 40% cereal box question 3 and 5 for simultaneous equation12 and 15 for green and blue pens £2100 bonus question I said he was right he would have got 25% more
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kabi09
Totally agree

what did you put for the pie divided by 8 question?
I honestly wanted to cry when I saw that in a non-calculator. if it was a
calculator paper I knew I could have done it.
extremely hard.. probably got 3 marks

My stupid ass didn’t revise box plots and could’ve passed if I did. 6 whole marks smh!!! I’m so angry at myself. Need to study everything properly for the 2nd and 3rd papers or Else I’ll cry if I fail
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 33

Hi, for that i did the area of circle and area of square. Then i couldnt figure it out. Might be we are supposed to add the inner n than subtract it with area of square. Too complicated
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by kimwildx
Higher paper 69 degrees circle theorems question 40% cereal box question 3 and 5 for simultaneous equation12 and 15 for green and blue pens £2100 bonus question I said he was right he would have got 25% more

If you want to create an unofficial markscheme let me know and I can promote it and help you guys fill it in.
Reply 35
Anyone managed to solve the kite question
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kabi09
Hi, for that i did the area of circle and area of square. Then i couldnt figure it out. Might be we are supposed to add the inner n than subtract it with area of square. Too complicated

I did the exact same thing and then my mind went blank and I left it as it was.
but hey if we both did it we might get working out marks atleast?

I can’t remember , I definitely got it wrong though I had no idea what I was even writing down
Original post by Evil Homer
If you want to create an unofficial markscheme let me know and I can promote it and help you guys fill it in.

That would be amazing
Hello,

I’ve just taking this paper and found it a lot harder than the non-calculator in May. Do the grade boundaries stay the same or can they change.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending