The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I’m Molly and I’m applying for law! My grades are AAABB, which aren’t great from a law applicant but I’m hoping for some offers. I’m applying to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, RGU and Stirling. Anyone know how quick the universities are in offering places and how likely I am to get accepted? Thank you, good luck everyone too x
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Hi

I’m also a law applicant from Scotland and I have applied for the dual qualifying degree.

My grades are 5As and a B at Higher and I am predicated AAA for Advanced Higher.

I’ve also applied to Oxford, Edinburgh and Glasgow and am yet to decide on my fifth choice.

I have heard nothing from Aberdeen in the past 10 days (not even an acknowledgement) since applying which is a shame as I was hoping for an early offer. I guess I need to be patient.

Best of luck to you all!
Reply 3
Original post by Yoshi123456
Hi

I’m also a law applicant from Scotland and I have applied for the dual qualifying degree.

My grades are 5As and a B at Higher and I am predicated AAA for Advanced Higher.

I’ve also applied to Oxford, Edinburgh and Glasgow and am yet to decide on my fifth choice.

I have heard nothing from Aberdeen in the past 10 days (not even an acknowledgement) since applying which is a shame as I was hoping for an early offer. I guess I need to be patient.

Best of luck to you all!

Wow, your grades are great! Hence my apprehension at getting accepted because my grades :frown:. Do you know how quickly other unis are to give out offers?
Original post by Molyy022
Wow, your grades are great! Hence my apprehension at getting accepted because my grades :frown:. Do you know how quickly other unis are to give out offers?

No. I have no idea and I’m not good at waiting either.

Our school (neat to Aberdeen) had a talk from an admissions officer from arts and humanities at Aberdeen Uni and she said all applicants with 5 As would receive an unconditional offer so I guess they haven’t started sending out offers yet?

Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by Yoshi12345
No. I have no idea and I’m not good at waiting either.

Our school (neat to Aberdeen) had a talk from an admissions officer from arts and humanities at Aberdeen Uni and she said all applicants with 5 As would receive an unconditional offer so I guess they haven’t started sending out offers yet?

Good luck!

I don’t think offers are being sent out, none of my friends who have applied have received anything yet either.

It states on website minimum is AABBB, so I guess we both stand a chance at getting unconditionals.
Hi guys, Aberdeen were very slow to send out offers last year - many people had to wait till March or even April!
Name/Username: Rita
Course(s) Applied for: Neuroscience with Psychology
Other Unis Applied to: Strathclyde, Heriot Watt, Dundee and Edinburgh Napier

Predicted 34 points in IB. I’m doing retakes in 3 subjects (Bio, Econ and Chem) and predicted a 5 in each.
Hi there!
I’m Luke and I’m living in Italy atm
I’m applying to Aberdeen for History and Philosophy ...and I’m also applying to Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Dundee and Stirling.
I’m a bit worried about Aberdeen because I’ve received different opinions about the city...anybody could tell me how is living there? Also I’m interested in their Anglo-Saxon and Celtics courses...
First offer today!!! So happy.......

Unconditional offer for Scots Law and English Law.
N.B I am a Scottish student.
Original post by Yoshi123456
First offer today!!! So happy.......

Unconditional offer for Scots Law and English Law.
N.B I am a Scottish student.

I also got an unconditional offer this morning for law! Have you heard from Edinburgh?
Original post by Molyy022
I also got an unconditional offer this morning for law! Have you heard from Edinburgh?

Congrats!

No, nothing yet from Edinburgh. You?
Also applying for Scots law, applying to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, strathclyde and Glasgow but haven’t submitted application yet. Did anyone do the reach programme at Glasgow uni?
Original post by Yoshi12345
Congrats!

No, nothing yet from Edinburgh. You?

No, I have heard people have been receiving conditionals from Edinburgh. Not sure if it’s a good or bad thing not to have received one!
Conditionals for Law and for Scottish students? That’s interesting.....
I was hoping for an unconditional due to my 5As and a B at Higher, but maybe they don’t do that anymore?

Good luck in any case!
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm in the process of applying for doing a PhD in Psychology, I am currently finishing my MSc at RGU so I'm not sure if it will be October or 2020 I will get in. Doing the course part time due to caring commitments
Hi I'm MaisieI'm applying for Law with English Law and European Legal Studies. I got 3 A's and a B last year so I'm really worried about applying for Uni as I only have 4 Highers. I'm studying 2 Advanced Highers and 2 Highers this year and I'm predicted A/B in them all.I'm not entirely sure where else I'm applying for but thinking Dundee, Edinburgh (Napier more likely because of my grades) and Stirling.
course: chemical engineering
other unis: edinburgh, strathclyde, heriotwatt, glasgow
higher grades: AAAAA
current subjects: maths, chemistry, physics

application submitted: 20/11/18
acknowledged: 22/11/18
(edited 5 years ago)
Has anyone received offers? If so how long did it take? :smile:
I have an unconditional offer for Scots law with English law . I’m Scottish. Applied 10/10. Offer 12/11.

My stats are 5As and a B at Higher and AAA predicted for Advanced Higher.

Latest

Trending

Trending