The Student Room Group

Laurences GYG :D

My name is Laurence, I am a year 11 student currently studying for 10 gcse's.

Not sure how to or why I'm making a GYG but should be good for personal development I guess :smile:

My most recent mock grades are:

Maths (Edexcel) - 8 (Predicted 9)
English Lang (AQA) - 9 (Predicted 8)
English Lit (AQA) - 6 (Predicted 7)
Physics (OCR) - 9 (Predicted 9)
Chemistry (OCR) - 9 (Predicted 9)
Biology (OCR) - 9 (Predicted 9)
Geography (OCR) - 9 (Predicted 8)
Computer Science (OCR) - 7 (Predicted 7)
Design Technology (AQA) - 7 (Predicted 9)
Religious Studies (AQA) - 6 (Predicted 7)
L2 Digital Applications (Edexcel) - A (Predicted A)

So hopefully this is my journey from 9999987766A upto 9999988777A. Or more if I actually decide to structure my revision aha :biggrin:

Little bit about me:

I plan to study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Business at A level, seriously need to start getting 9's in maths though. I also plan to enter as a private candidate to do L2 Further Maths.

I'm lazy but also a fitness freak, I lift weights 4 times a week and train in judo also 4 times a week, my biggest accomplishment being 3rd place in the GB championships and a year training with the GB squad. This year I'm hoping to again rank highly in the nationals which is held in two weeks, I'll keep anyone interested updated however I am not expecting an amazing outcome.

In my spare time I enjoy reading (mostly none fiction), I collect coins (mainly modern ones), I like to obsess over fitness and health and contradictory to that I'm an avid PC gamer:cool:

I also enjoy forgetting homework, coursework, that I have school in the morning and my PE kit when I need it.

Anyway, hopefully I get a few follows or advice aha, hopefully will post daily but im not too consistent, any questions or reps are appreciated. :biggrin:

Thanks.
hey laurence, good luck with y11!
when are your mocks?
and those predicted grades look amazing howww
Original post by mez_merising
hey laurence, good luck with y11!
when are your mocks?
and those predicted grades look amazing howww

Thank you🙂 I'm looking forward to getting it over and done with, cant wait for Y12 aha

My next set of proper mocks are in February

However the predicted grades I stated are my ukasprogress predicted grades so the ones that I apply to sixth form with, I'd still really wish to meet them though.

Well actually I was surprised, I'm consistent in maths and triple science getting 8's and 9's

then normally DT and computer science I get 9's but flopped because of lack of revision

I do think they're fair and attainable but I would have put my triple science predicted grades as 8's and my English down to 6/7. Then put comp sci as 9.

Sort of outdid myself in the mocks in the subjects I revised for😊
Original post by Laurence863
Thank you🙂 I'm looking forward to getting it over and done with, cant wait for Y12 aha

My next set of proper mocks are in February

However the predicted grades I stated are my ukasprogress predicted grades so the ones that I apply to sixth form with, I'd still really wish to meet them though.

Well actually I was surprised, I'm consistent in maths and triple science getting 8's and 9's

then normally DT and computer science I get 9's but flopped because of lack of revision

I do think they're fair and attainable but I would have put my triple science predicted grades as 8's and my English down to 6/7. Then put comp sci as 9.

Sort of outdid myself in the mocks in the subjects I revised for😊

ah congrats!
So for anyone watching, today I attended Saturday school 9-12 for my ICT work. I then bought a suit jacket from a charity shop lmao and intend to do some more revision later🙂

Judo contest tomorrow too
(edited 5 years ago)
Today I had 4 fights won 3 and sadly lost my 4th to a great player, hopefully better results next week in the nationals. I was going to do some revision but felt lazy so read a bit of my book (freakonomics atm) and watched youtube lmao, bring on tomorrow🙂
Okay so sorry I missed yesterday, felt abit lazy aha and didn't do much, school, 30 mins of hm and then my judo training. Today it's more or less the same, school, press ups cos I couldn't be bothered to do bench press, then to the gf's house, bit of homework.

I'm now back home, did some pullups, eating a tin of tuna and deciding what to do now, its either tidy my room and wardrobe purge or maths revision.

Hehe I'm enjoying this, like a personal little diary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending