The Student Room Group

Help ME withSCHOOL

can someone hellpppppp? this homework was set on Wednesday, but i just haven't had time to do it, and i do not understand it! I have asked many classmates, however they have had difficulties too!
this is the homework, I need to do questions 13-16,As i have managed to complete questions 11 and 12!!
11) Compound A was analysed. It produced a' yellow flame in a flame test. When dilute acid was added to a sample of A, a gas was given off that turned limewater cloudy.
a) Identify the positive ion in compound A. b) Identify the negative ion in compound A.
c) Write the name and formula of compound A
. d) Name the gas that turns Iimewater cloudy.
12 )Compound B was analysed. It gave a green flame in a flame test. When nitric acid followed by silver nitrate solution was added to a solution of B. a white precipitate was produced.
a) Identify the positive ion in compound B. b) Identify the negative ion in compound B
c) Write the name and formula of compound B.
D) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the white precipitate
. e) Write an ionic equation for the formation of the white precipitate.
13 )
Compound c was analysed. A green precipitate was produced when sodium hydroxide solution was added to a solution of c. A yeIIow precipitate was produced when nitric acid followed by silver nitrate solution was added to a separate solution of C.
a) Identify the positive ion‘ in compound c
B) Identify the negative ion in compound c.
c) Write the name and formula of compound C.
D) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the green precipitate.
e) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the yellow precipitate.
F) Write an ionic equation for the formatioh of the green precipitate.
g) Write an ionic equation for the formation of the yellow precipitate
14) Compound D was analysed. It gave a crimson flame in a flame test. When dilute acid was added to a sample of D, a gas was given off that turned LImewater cloudy.
A) Identify the positive ion in compound D B)Identify the negative ion in compound D.
C)Write the name and formula of compound D.

15 compound E was analysed. it gave a red-orange flame in a flame test. It produced a white precipitate when sodium hydroxide solution was added to a solution of E. This white precipitate did not dissolve When more sodium hydroxide solution was added. A cream precipitate was produced when nitric acid followed by silver nitrate solution was added to a separate solution of E.

a) identify the positive ion in compound E.
b) Identify the negative ion in compound E.
c) Write the name and formula of compound E
d) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the white precipitate
e) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the cream precipitate
f) Write an ionic equation for the formation of the white precipitate
g) Write an ionic equation for the formation of the cream precipitate

16)Compound F was analysed. A white precipitate was produced when sodium hydroxide solution was added to a solution of F. This white precipitate dissolved when more sodium hydroxide solution was added. When hydrochloric acid followed by barium chloride solution was added to a separate solution of F, a white precipitate was produced
a) Identify the positive ion in compound F. b) Identify the negative ion in compound F
c) Write the name and formula of compound F
d) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the white precipitate when sodium hydroxide is added.
E)Write a balanced equation for the formation of the white precipitate when barium chloride is added.
F)Write an ionic equation for the formation of the white precipitate when sodium hydroxide is added.
G)Write an ionic equation for the formation of the white precipitate when barium chloride is added.

thank you so much to anyone who answers !
(edited 5 years ago)
No one is gonna answer all of those for you LMAO. And they’re not exactly hard.
yikes does your teacher hate your class lol
Original post by helpwwithskl
Can someone answer these questions for me? this homework was set on Wednesday, but i just haven't had time to do it, and i do not understand it! I have asked many classmates, however they have had difficulties too!
this is the homework, I need to do questions 13-16,As i have managed to complete questions 11 and 12!!
11) Compound A was analysed. It produced a' yellow flame in a flame test. When dilute acid was added to a sample of A, a gas was given off that turned limewater cloudy.
a) Identify the positive ion in compound A. b) Identify the negative ion in compound A.
12 )Compound B was analysed. It gave a green flame in a flame test. When nitric acid followed by silver nitrate solution was added to a solution of B. a white precipitate was produced.
a) Identify the positive ion in compound B. b) Identify the negative ion in compound B
13 )
Compound c was analysed. A green precipitate was produced when sodium hydroxide solution was added to a solution of c. A yeIIow precipitate was produced when nitric acid followed by silver nitrate solution was added to a separate solution of C.
14) Compound D was analysed. It gave a crimson flame in a flame test. When dilute acid was added to a sample of D, a gas was given off that turned LImewater cloudy.
A) Identify the positive ion in compound D B)Identify the negative ion in compound D.

15 compound E was analysed. it gave a red-orange flame in a flame test. It produced a white precipitate when sodium hydroxide solution was added to a solution of E. This white precipitate did not dissolve When more sodium hydroxide solution was added. A cream precipitate was produced when nitric acid followed by silver nitrate solution was added to a separate solution of E.

16)Compound F was analysed. A white precipitate was produced when sodium hydroxide solution was added to a solution of F. This white precipitate dissolved when more sodium hydroxide solution was added. When hydrochloric acid followed by barium chloride solution was added to a separate solution of F, a white precipitate was produced
a) Identify the positive ion in compound F. b) Identify the negative ion in compound F
d) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the white precipitate when sodium hydroxide is added.
E)Write a balanced equation for the formation of the white precipitate when barium chloride is added.
F)Write an ionic equation for the formation of the white precipitate when sodium hydroxide is added.
G)Write an ionic equation for the formation of the white precipitate when barium chloride is added.

11.NaCO3

12.BaCl2

Here is a start for you.
Original post by helpwwithskl
Can someone answer these questions for me? this homework was set on Wednesday, but i just haven't had time to do it, and i do not understand it! I have asked many classmates, however they have had difficulties too!
13 )

Flame colours:

K-lilac
Na-yellow
Li-crimson
Ba-green
Ca-red (brick red)

Nitric acid+Silver nitrate test

Iodine-yellow
Chlorine-White
Bromine-cream

Dilute acid+cloudy = CO3
Original post by iamthestudent
No one is gonna answer all of those for you LMAO. And they’re not exactly hard.

They might not be hard for you, but for my ability it seems almost impossible! could you explain them from me?
Original post by Anonymous1502
11.NaCO3

12.BaCl2

Here is a start for you.

Thank you so much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest