The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by batt3nb3rg
Hello, just looking for a bit of information. I'd like to apply for medicine with foundation year courses in 2020, I'm currently studying Psychology, Sociology and English language & literature from home (it's a long story).

I'd like to know what subjects you studied, what kind of volunteering you did, what sorts of things you put in your personal statement and what the interviews were like. Also if you were accepted, that's a pretty big one.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Have a look through this forum
Reply 61
Just received an interview invite for Nottingham foundation year!!!😊
Original post by Beeya23
Just received an interview invite for Nottingham foundation year!!!😊

Samee I recieved mine too 😮☺️☺️
Interview recieved 4 hours ago, was in my junk for some reason, so eveeyone double check!
Original post by Xenonical
Interview recieved 4 hours ago, was in my junk for some reason, so eveeyone double check!

for which uni ?
Does anyone know if offers are given based soley from interview performance, or from overall candidate ranking (Ukcat, predicted, etc) at Nottingham?
Reply 66
Original post by Xenonical
Does anyone know if offers are given based soley from interview performance, or from overall candidate ranking (Ukcat, predicted, etc) at Nottingham?

Offers are based solely on interview performance unless there are two candidates on the same score then they may consider your SJT band
Original post by Beeya23
Offers are based solely on interview performance unless there are two candidates on the same score then they may consider your SJT band

Souce of info? Sorry for being pedantic 😂
Are Nottingham still giving out interviews?
Hey, quick question. I’ve applied for both the Nottingham and Lincoln university pathway but how do I know if I’ve received an interview for both? Does it specify or do you assume? And do you get to pick your place for an interview or do they allocate it for you? Thank you.
Reply 70
have you heard back from UEA??
(Original post by idiris05)I'm applying to Hull york medical school, UEA, nottingham for medicine and Queen Marys and St Georges for chem and biomedical sciences. I flopped my UKCAT and got 560 average but my SJT was band 2. Wbu
Manchester A104 interview invites went out in November, a poster had her interview on 3rd Jan
Does anyone know if it’s possible to get into BMAT unis with a foundation year instead of A2?
Original post by Anonymous006
Hey, quick question. I’ve applied for both the Nottingham and Lincoln university pathway but how do I know if I’ve received an interview for both? Does it specify or do you assume? And do you get to pick your place for an interview or do they allocate it for you? Thank you.

hey have you found out? I've applied for both but have only had an interview from lincoln
Anyone heard from Keele?
I phoned them up and they said it was for both and my UCAS application says I’m still under consideration for both too. The way the interviews work is there’ll be interviewers there for both universities marking our score (I think)
I phoned them up and they said it was for both and my UCAS application says I’m still under consideration for both too. The way the interviews work is there’ll be interviewers there for both universities marking our score (I think)

did you get one email for both or one email for one of them?

if u get an int theyll give u dates and locations u can choose den u pik one that one will cover both
Original post by Alsarraf007
Does anyone know if it’s possible to get into BMAT unis with a foundation year instead of A2?

wdym foundation year
Anyone heard back?

Latest

Trending

Trending