The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How is deporting grooming gangs now a controversial topic? What has this country come to?
I don't understand why this would need defending. The sooner these animals are out of the country the better. What would have needed defending would have been not deporting them.
Original post by That'sGreat
How is deporting grooming gangs now a controversial topic? What has this country come to?

The controversy isn't about the rights of the criminals, but rather about the adverse consequences of deportation. If you deport them to a country that doesn't have a sex offenders' register (e.g. Pakistan), then the chances are that they'll commit more offences there.

Now, you could, as Javid is doing here, make the NIMBY "Well, that's not our problem" argument. The flaw in that argument is that Pakistan could just refuse to accept such deportees (especially if they're British citizens), and then we're back to square one.
Original post by Good bloke
I don't understand why this would need defending. The sooner these animals are out of the country the better. What would have needed defending would have been not deporting them.

They're brown so it is obviously a racist incident and the only reasonable thing to do is give them a free house and let them see their kids who were products of rape.

Only joking, that's never happened before. Wait...
Original post by anarchism101
The flaw in that argument is that Pakistan could just refuse to accept such deportees

It can't They are its citizens. That's the point.
It can't They are its citizens. That's the point.

They're our citizens, that's why the article mentions the possibility of stripping citizenship. And Pakistan is just as capable of citizenship-stripping as we are.
Reply 7

I think their lives could be endanger if they were sent to their home country. Also they could be dangerous to children other there if their not the safe guards in place.
They're our citizens, that's why the article mentions the possibility of stripping citizenship. And Pakistan is just as capable of citizenship-stripping as we are.

Then we should strip before they do.
Good.
Original post by looloo2134
I think their lives could be endanger if they were sent to their home country. Also they could be dangerous to children other there if their not the safe guards in place.

It's sickening that you're concerned about the safety of grooming gang members.

And that's Pakistan's problem, they were born in the country and adopt their culture, why should British children suffer?

So we'll strip it first.

So does that mean they should stay here? Do you have any spare rooms?
Then we should strip before they do.

So we'll strip it first.

You really think that's a foolproof strategy? That we can consistently beat them to the punch? Bear in mind that we're a democratic society, in which any regularised citizenship-stripping procedure will inevitably be subject to various transparency and accountability procedures, whereas many of the countries we're trying to deport people to will be quasi-democratic or authoritarian states where no such accountability is required.
I am left-wing for most of the part and strongly dislike opportunistic individuals such as Yaxley-Lennon and Golding but I agree with getting rid of these criminals where possible; they are the worst kind. Good riddance.
It's sickening that you're concerned about the safety of grooming gang members.

And that's Pakistan's problem, they were born in the country and adopt their culture, why should British children suffer?

While I want them gone as well, it is quite sickening that you are so dismissive of the risk of Pakistani children being raped and harmed.
Good, don’t want scum like that in the country.
I’d save the time and just shoot the inbred scum on the street

Shoot them then makes life easier for all parties
Original post by Eunomia
I am left-wing for most of the part and strongly dislike opportunistic individuals such as Yaxley-Lennon and Golding but I agree with getting rid of these criminals where possible; they are the worst kind. Good riddance.

Opportunistic or not is irrelevant as their right in this case that these gangs need to be gone. And besides they were saying this long before the mainstream were willing to even whisper what was going on

Latest

Trending

Trending