The Student Room Group

Younger sister suddenly talking more sexual

I'm really worried about my younger sister, she's been hanging out with this older boy and lately she's been talking more sexual including asking what a blow job and fingering is, my mum doesn't give a ****, what shall I do?
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm really worried about my younger sister, she's been hanging out with this older boy and lately she's been talking more sexual including asking what a blow job and fingering is, my mum doesn't give a ****, what shall I do?

By younger, roughly how young are we talking? Because I think that greatly effects the severity of the situation
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
By younger, roughly how young are we talking? Because I think that greatly effects the severity of the situation

She's 10 nearly 11
She's 10 nearly 11

WHAT? I know 10/11 year old children tend to start stumbling into these kinds of things, but my primary concern is this 'older boy'. Your younger sister should not be sexually associating with an older boy at this age, because she's very mentally and emotionally vulnerable, so cut that out as soon as possible (do whatever you need to do - block/delete socials and tell her not to go shady unsupervised places on her own).

Also, it goes without saying, that she should not be learning about a blowjob and fingering right now either. I'm worried she's being exploited, so you do need to step in.

I hope this is a troll, because this is definitely concerning.
Reply 5
This is not normal for a 10/11 yr old.You gotta talk to your parents about this and find out who this donny is, and make sure she isn't being taken advantage of.
Reply 6
Original post by KamS24
This is not normal for a 10/11 yr old.You gotta talk to your parents about this and find out who this donny is, and make sure she isn't being taken advantage of.

I've confronted her and she told me to leave her alone

This is sad to hear read.

First you need to make sure there is no risk of grooming involved here and if you have genuine concerns it is best to make a report to the police.
(please google for tell tale signs of grooming)

Now you say younger sister if she is under 16 and the lad is over 16 then that is something to be concerned about. Since there is not mention of ages the first thing I suggest is talk openly to your sister about sex, but also add the risks involved (ie STDs, pregnancy etc).

Secondly, teach your sister, its her body, and tell she cannot be forced to do anything she doesnt want to. Explain to her that some guys will indirectly blackmail by sulking or going quite to make you feel guilt, tell her to stick to "no means no" and not to do something is not going to be comfortable with.

Communication is key here, and the easier it is for your sister to come to you the safer she will be.

(just to add)
ive read the replies youv sent, if she's 10/11 years old you defo need to make sure it is not a grooming issue, is she getting gifts like phones, clothing, shoes - even stuff like underwear etc (keep an eye ou, snoop if you have too).

Explain to your sister the risks of grooming, proivide real life stories ( google) its always good to show the negative side of things.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 8
I've confronted her and she told me to leave her alone

Tell your parents

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending