The Student Room Group

Training Contract Applications 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Sorry to hear :/..did they send an email or was it updated on the portal?
Original post by SB2019
Sorry to hear :/..did they send an email or was it updated on the portal?

it's an email!
Anyone heard from Bird&Bird post VI?
Original post by MashiePotatoes
Anyone heard from Bird&Bird post VI?

How long after you submitted your app did you get an invite for the WG? And after that for the VI?
I applied on the 18th December and I’ve heard absolutely nothing - I’ve emailed grad recruitment and still nothing
Original post by tiff1998
How long after you submitted your app did you get an invite for the WG? And after that for the VI?
I applied on the 18th December and I’ve heard absolutely nothing - I’ve emailed grad recruitment and still nothing

I applied on 28 nov, VI invite on 13 dec, sent in the VI on 20 dec. They say ACs are in jan/feb and I know VS AC invites have been sent out so hopefully soon..
I applied on 28 nov, VI invite on 13 dec, sent in the VI on 20 dec. They say ACs are in jan/feb and I know VS AC invites have been sent out so hopefully soon..

Ah that’s so annoying. I applied for the VS at Bird & Bird, so it’s not looking positive then if they’ve already sent out AC invites and I haven’t even got a Watson glazer invite 😂
Original post by tiff1998
Ah that’s so annoying. I applied for the VS at Bird & Bird, so it’s not looking positive then if they’ve already sent out AC invites and I haven’t even got a Watson glazer invite 😂

Don't lose hope! Crossing my fingers for you!
Don't lose hope! Crossing my fingers for you!

You’re very kind, thank you! Best of luck to you too and I hope you hear back soon!
Original post by nicetryfbi
Did they send you an email saying that they're looking at your application? I just got one, so there might be a chance for us still!

Nope I’ve heard nothing! I’ve already emailed grad rec so don’t really want to again lol
I’ll just wait it out
Original post by nicetryfbi
Did they send you an email saying that they're looking at your application? I just got one, so there might be a chance for us still!

I didnt :frown: Maybe a PFO for me
Anyone else hear back either way from Clifford Chance (rejection or AC)?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ILoveProteinToo
Anyone else hear back either way from Clifford Chance?

No. Still nothing. Apparently they’ve sent out emails to a few today saying they’ll hear by Monday evening but I’ve heard nothing and still haven’t had my portal updated at all.
Reply 92
Anyone else hear back either way from Clifford Chance (rejection or AC)?

Also haven't heard anything beyond the portal update - didn't receive the email about Monday evening either. Not sure what's going on tbh...
Original post by dauyn
Also haven't heard anything beyond the portal update - didn't receive the email about Monday evening either. Not sure what's going on tbh...

I haven't heard back either, and my portal was updated on the 9th as well.
Still waiting - no update or email but I’ve applied for IGNITE, not the classic TC
Original post by Nicktim
No. Still nothing. Apparently they’ve sent out emails to a few today saying they’ll hear by Monday evening but I’ve heard nothing and still haven’t had my portal updated at all.

Is it a good or bad sign for those who did and didn’t receive the email? I feel like if I haven’t received anything from the firm it can’t be a great sign...
The way I see it with CC is that if they’ve said we’ll hear back by Monday evening that leaves either today or Monday to hear anything, good or bad, so hopefully we won’t be waiting long
Wish I could take my own advice to chill and be rational though and not check my emails every 5 minutes 😂
Is it a good or bad sign for those who did and didn’t receive the email? I feel like if I haven’t received anything from the firm it can’t be a great sign...

I have no idea. It appears to be quite random. Some have received emails, some haven’t. Some have had updates, some haven’t. I’m just taking the view that until I receive an email stating otherwise, there is still hope.
Reply 98

It is quite strange. Why have they not said anything yet :/
In regards to CC, the way I see this thread is that there are some who have gotten an update on their portal, and there are some who haven't. Also, some have received an email saying they'll receive a reply by the 14th while others haven't. I want to see if there is a correlation. Of the four scenarios, which one are you?

1. Update and Email
2. Update and No Email
3. No Update and Email
4. No Update and No Email

This way we can see if any of this actual means anything if we can identify a pattern. Cheers.

Edit: this seems like some weird stuff, but trust me, it'd be interesting so see haha. I am just trying to get my mind off of this.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending