The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Rgu Nursing 2019

Hello, was wondering who’s all applied for any form of nursing at rgu? What stage is your process at and how are yous all feeling?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dem123
Hello, was wondering who’s all applied for any form of nursing at rgu? What stage is your process at and how are yous all feeling?
Hey there!:smile:

You can find applicants to RGU here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5616872

You can also chat to other Nursing Applicants here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5441870

I've moved your thread into the Robert Gordon University forum for you.:yy:

Hope this helps,
MR
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Reply 2
I've applied to RGU for Child Nursing but still not heard anything back, I applied just before the deadline though! Which speciality have you applied to?
Reply 3
(Original post by Cara-745)I've applied to RGU for Child Nursing but still not heard anything back, I applied just before the deadline though! Which speciality have you applied to?

I have applied for both adult and children! Got an interview for both on the 7th of March
Reply 4
Original post by Dem123
(Original post by Cara-745)I've applied to RGU for Child Nursing but still not heard anything back, I applied just before the deadline though! Which speciality have you applied to?

I have applied for both adult and children! Got an interview for both on the 7th of March

Well done! I hope I hear back soon, I need to upload my qualifications to the portal!
I applied for MH and Adult nursing. Interview March 8th 😊
Reply 6
My interview is the day before so I’ll try put in here bow ir went in! Good luck!!

Original post by FinnInMe
Thanks, that’d be awesome 🙌😊
Reply 8
Original post by Dem123

Hi I’ve applied for adult nursing at RGU. My interview is in March anyone got interviews? I’m a bit nervous but lookin Forward to it
Reply 9
Mine is 8th March at 11am

Original post by Mezza22
Mine is 8th March at 11am

Mine is at the same time 😊
Reply 11
That’s good least we will know someone, we’ll sort of lol do you know the agenda? I’ve looked but could only find basic info
Original post by Mezza22
That’s good least we will know someone, we’ll sort of lol do you know the agenda? I’ve looked but could only find basic info

I just checked what’s behind the link on interview-invitation email. Should be a group work with the other applicants of the same course and after that 1-to-1 interviews.
My interview is for Mental Health Nursing. Haven’t heard back about interview on Adult Nursing or Midwivery cause added them later than Jan 15th.
So no idea if I hear still about those.
MH nursing is the thing I want to do though, and have relative experience for.
But yea.. at least would be nice to have a ”friendly face” if too nervous 😊
Reply 13
I submitted mine b4 deadline and then later rgu contacted me to submit qualification details/transcripts before they offered me interview. I wanted to do midwifery but thought adult would give me more options once qualified then if I want to go into midwifery later I can. Do you live in Aberdeen? I’m in Lossiemouth so not familiar with Aberdeen or the uni
Original post by Mezza22
I submitted mine b4 deadline and then later rgu contacted me to submit qualification details/transcripts before they offered me interview. I wanted to do midwifery but thought adult would give me more options once qualified then if I want to go into midwifery later I can. Do you live in Aberdeen? I’m in Lossiemouth so not familiar with Aberdeen or the uni

Yup I live in Aberdeen, used to live in Elgin lol 😉 I can help you with getting there, if nothing else can meet you at the train-station if that’s how you’ll be getting here..
Reply 15
Yup I live in Aberdeen, used to live in Elgin lol 😉 I can help you with getting there, if nothing else can meet you at the train-station if that’s how you’ll be getting here..

Not sure how I will be getting there yet depends on child minding or if I can get my little one into RGU nursery but yeah that would be good was looking at trains, driving and parking or maybe park and ride but will sort if I get my place 😁
Good luck in your interview, I'm at edinburgh napier, final year and hope to qualified this summer,
I'm in adult nursing on mix ward in lothian area and its been great...I have a preliminary interview next Tuesday for a job on the ward I'm on ( its with ward sister, and head of nursing ) and i wass recommended for it by the staff nurse who's sort of been mentoring me as she's is leaving in June due maternity leave and I do get on with all of the nurse's, course been amazing, I also been working part time doing a HCA course and work weekends at different hospital - been doing this now coming up for over two years and this has tremendously help me with my student course.

Anyway good luck and surely you'll sort things out for yourself and the wee one xx
Reply 17
Original post by Charlene99
Good luck in your interview, I'm at edinburgh napier, final year and hope to qualified this summer,
I'm in adult nursing on mix ward in lothian area and its been great...I have a preliminary interview next Tuesday for a job on the ward I'm on ( its with ward sister, and head of nursing ) and i wass recommended for it by the staff nurse who's sort of been mentoring me as she's is leaving in June due maternity leave and I do get on with all of the nurse's, course been amazing, I also been working part time doing a HCA course and work weekends at different hospital - been doing this now coming up for over two years and this has tremendously help me with my student course.

Anyway good luck and surely you'll sort things out for yourself and the wee one xx

Thanks, how was your first year on the course? Placements? Good luck with prelim interview x
Mezza22

I found first year good. Learnt a lot of things like
Second year too - was left to do patients blood pressure and temperature through certain part of ward - very enjoyable.
I liked helping with all sorts like.

My prelim interview is like I said is because I was recommended by staff nurse and its all depending as well as passing my finals exams in due course.
And I found it easier as it went on due to been working at weekend as HSA nursing - staff been great there as couldn't do enough to help me.

If I don't get this job once qualified I will always get job as HSA nurse as where I am the staff said they would love me working with them and I appreciated what they said but end of day you have to get out and apply for nursing jobs.

I have a back up if things don't work out ..

If you meaning how I got on with my placements throughout the three years - yeah been good and soso, St John's in Livingston is been far best, not keen on Edinburgh Royal Infirmary as staff was not being to helpful at times.
Western General enjoyable....
Its all depends on what ward / or clinic you are assigned to for the 6 - 8 weeks per placement.

I'm gathering you are just about to begin your students nursing
Hope things goes well x
Mezza22

I message last message through my friends account ( weeemma )on here by mistake as at hers house and helping her with something's about her course
Sorry for this as its her fault as she forgot that she hadnt logged out
Charlene99Charlene99 x

Quick Reply

Latest