The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

2018-2019 Robert Gordon Applicants

:nutcase: Hello

This thread is for Robert Gordon applicants, for whatever course, at whichever study level looking to apply for entry in 2019 :biggrin:

Here is a suggested template to get the discussion rolling:

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Anything Else:

Good luck :borat:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I’m Molly and I’m applying for law! My grades are AAABB, which aren’t great from a law applicant but I’m hoping for some offers. I’m applying to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, RGU and Stirling. Anyone know how quick the universities are in offering places and how likely I am to get accepted? Thank you, good luck everyone too x
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Name/Username: Emma
Course(s) Applied for: Bioscience and biomedical sciences
Other Unis Applied to: Wentworth Institute of Technology, New England Institute of Technology, University of Prince Edward Island
Anything Else: I am an international applicant from the U.S. with around a 3.7 GPA and 1200 SAT. I applied through the Common App which was received this morning. Does anyone know my odds of getting in as I have previous medical knowledge (took a year-long med class) and have been placed as 12th in the nation for medical math in the Skills USA competition?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Orla
Biomedical Sciences
Also applied for Aberdeen, Abertay, Dundee and Strathclyde
Unconditional for RGU, which is my first choice
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Hi I'm Jiya.
Course: Biomedical Science
Other Unis: Abertay, Glasgow Caledonian, Edinburgh Napier, Dundee
Mia
MH nursing and Adult nursing
Higher qualifications from totally another field, and country 😉 Finishing my Applied Sciences this June.
Applied only to RGU.
Also studying towards Dispensing amongst working.
I’m a mature (or extra mature haha!) student.
Reply 6
Name/Username: Aminata
Course(s) Applied for: Digital Media
Other Unis Applied to: Stirling, Glasgow, GCU
Grades : 16.5 /20 overall at the French Baccalaureate
Reply 7
I’ve applied for adult nursing at RGU (mature student) I’ve got an interview on 8th March
Hi, I am Ellie.

Have just firmed for 2019 entry an unconditional offer for Management with HR.
Looking forward to getting started!
Reply 9
If anyone wants to ask about Biomed, just the plain one or Bioscience I'm happy to try answering questions.
I'm in year 2 of the plain Biomed.
Reply 10
Name/Username: Kirsty
Course(s) Applied for: Diagnostic radiography
Other Unis Applied to: QMU, GCU and RGU ( accepted RGU's offer)
1.5 weeks to the interview/selection day, getting excited now lol! Thankfully I have a mate at work studying the exact same course on last year that I’m applying to so got plenty of useful info about interviews etc. I wish I was one of the lucky ones offered place already during the interviews 🤞🏻
Hi guys!!
Im Sabina, Ive applied for architecture
Other unis: Strathclyde, Dundee, GSoA and Uni of Glasgow
Reply 13
Hey Guys, I got an unconditional from RGU, doing Social Work very, very happy and scared haha. I am also a mature student and was just wondering for all you other mature students out there what you were thinking about going back to uni? Or starting out again? Just trying to google what RGU offer for mature students, let me know if you have any ideas?

Also waiting to here from GCU and Stirling… but pretty happy with the choice so far :biggrin:
Original post by jayem90
Hey Guys, I got an unconditional from RGU, doing Social Work very, very happy and scared haha. I am also a mature student and was just wondering for all you other mature students out there what you were thinking about going back to uni? Or starting out again? Just trying to google what RGU offer for mature students, let me know if you have any ideas?

Also waiting to here from GCU and Stirling… but pretty happy with the choice so far :biggrin:

Congrats! I’m having my interview tomorrow to RGU, so fingers crossed 😉
I’m very mature lol (soon 47), so to be seen. I am SO hoping for an offer, so If I’m lucky, will be interested to hear about this too :smile:
Reply 15
Thank you and good luck for tomorrow! 💃🏼
Hi I’m also hoping to do social work as a very mature student 48, how was interviews and how long until you heard anything. I’m pooping myself about numeracy test. Interview tomorrow
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
Have you already got told you will be doing a numeracy test ? I didn’t have to do one. The interview is in a group setting. You will discuss who is more ledgeable to get an organ, and you have to state your case. Then the written task is just the questions you have been told about . ( that was my interview ... Unless they have changed since the other month) The day is really good and informative. I found the staff are a great help. Do the tour at the end if it’s somewhere you want to go, the day is long and you might want to head , but it’s only another 5/10 mins to your day, and it’s worth the look around, :smile:
Original post by jayem90
Have you already got told you will be doing a numeracy test ? I didn’t have to do one. The interview is in a group setting. You will discuss who is more ledgeable to get an organ, and you have to state your case. Then the written task is just the questions you have been told about . ( that was my interview ... Unless they have changed since the other month) The day is really good and informative. I found the staff are a great help. Do the tour at the end if it’s somewhere you want to go, the day is long and you might want to head , but it’s only another 5/10 mins to your day, and it’s worth the look around, :smile:

I’m just going on what the email said, if I’m accepted I’m definitely going there, how long until you knew you had a place. So the questions are about the values etc? I’m probably stressing about nothing but it’s hard when it’s something you really want and at my age I have to do it now lol. Thank you for your help x
Reply 19
The three questions , one about values , one about why you want to do social work and erm whatever the other one was 🙈 if you relate to real life experiences and values of social work , I think that’s what they were looking for .. in sure whatever you have reviewed already is great! Erm it was a couple of weeks , but as far as I’m aware everyone has been different in finding out. I still haven’t heard back from GCU or Stirling yet.. :/
Original post by Julzer70
I’m just going on what the email said, if I’m accepted I’m definitely going there, how long until you knew you had a place. So the questions are about the values etc? I’m probably stressing about nothing but it’s hard when it’s something you really want and at my age I have to do it now lol. Thank you for your help x

Quick Reply

Latest