The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature - how do you prepare quotes?

Hi, I'm struggling with my preparation for quotes... I found a few key themes in the plot and characters of the texts I'm studying and I will learn quotes for them but is this good enough?

(Aiming for grade 8/9, exam board AQA, studying Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, An Inspector Calls, and Power & Conflict for poetry)
good to learn some analysis points (context, structure, impact etc) alongside quotes so you have some really developed points:smile:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
good to learn some analysis points (context, structure, impact etc) alongside quotes so you have some really developed points:smile:

i would strongly recommend purchasing the little quote banks- I did Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Power and Conflict and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and managed to get a level 9 (after having achieved my lowest mock grade- a level 6- not a bad grade at all but definitely wanted to aim higher)- I am more than happy to help you out but what i would do is find a few quotes that can cover lots of different aspects which can be done by analysing quotes in detail and linking them to lots of themes and key ideas (Original post by DaQuestioner)Hi, I'm struggling with my preparation for quotes... I found a few key themes in the plot and characters of the texts I'm studying and I will learn quotes for them but is this good enough?

(Aiming for grade 8/9, exam board AQA, studying Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, An Inspector Calls, and Power & Conflict for poetry)
Reply 4
I study Macbeth,Lord Of The Flies,Jekyll and Hyde and power and conflict poetry,

any tips?

AQA Exam board aim:7
Reply 5
Original post by ursbhhdb
i would strongly recommend purchasing the little quote banks- I did Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Power and Conflict and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and managed to get a level 9 (after having achieved my lowest mock grade- a level 6- not a bad grade at all but definitely wanted to aim higher)- I am more than happy to help you out but what i would do is find a few quotes that can cover lots of different aspects which can be done by analysing quotes in detail and linking them to lots of themes and key ideas (Original post by DaQuestioner)Hi, I'm struggling with my preparation for quotes... I found a few key themes in the plot and characters of the texts I'm studying and I will learn quotes for them but is this good enough?

please could you help me?
sure- how can i help you
Reply 7
sure- how can i help you

where did you purchase the quote banks from?
Original post by annlaju
where did you purchase the quote banks from?

amazon

help mee
Original post by huda122
help mee

how so?:smile: is there anything specific
Original post by huda122
help mee

how can i help you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending