The Student Room Group

Crying in front of teachers.

Has anyone ever cried in front of a teacher before ?
I’m in year 12 and nearly cried today in my physics lesson over my exams and I’m quite certain I’m going to cry when he gives me my results back how would he react ?

Scroll to see replies

I cried in front of my maths teacher last year (year 11). She felt sorry for me and it was kinda embarrassing but oh well. It was because I said exams were stressful and she told me to make a revision timetable and that was pretty much it.
I think she was as embarrassed as me.
Reply 2
Tears are a natural emotional response especially with the high pressure of A Levels. Your teacher will have seen it all before and I am sure they will respond with compassion. They would rather have a student who clearly cares than one who doesn't. With that said, look after yourself. Make sure you're doing other things to decompress so that school isn't making you sad. Talk to people about how you feel. Maybe you could see your teacher prior to the lesson so that you are not emotional in front of your peers. Good luck and keep your head up lovely.
Reply 3
Original post by ottz
Tears are a natural emotional response especially with the high pressure of A Levels. Your teacher will have seen it all before and I am sure they will respond with compassion. They would rather have a student who clearly cares than one who doesn't. With that said, look after yourself. Make sure you're doing other things to decompress so that school isn't making you sad. Talk to people about how you feel. Maybe you could see your teacher prior to the lesson so that you are not emotional in front of your peers. Good luck and keep your head up lovely.

Thank you so much 😊
We just done a set of mocks for physics and I know iv done really bad and I don’t want to disappoint my teachers but I know I have and I’m just really nervous to get the results back. Every time he mentions the exams I just want to cry.😕
Your in year 12, you’ve got time yet. Remember they’re only mocks, they show what you need to improve on, so take whatever you need to from it and build upon your knowledge!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much 😊
We just done a set of mocks for physics and I know iv done really bad and I don’t want to disappoint my teachers but I know I have and I’m just really nervous to get the results back. Every time he mentions the exams I just want to cry.😕

Mocks are for practice!! It doesn't matter if youvl haven't done well, you can figure out where you went wrong and do better next time. You are going to be just fine. Once you get it back, take a note of the topics you struggled on and focus on them. Then do another paper and repeat!! You've got this!
Reply 6
Original post by Thomas_Grimes_17
Your in year 12, you’ve got time yet. Remember they’re only mocks, they show what you need to improve on, so take whatever you need to from it and build upon your knowledge!

Thanks for the advice 😊
Absolutely.

I cried in front of the woman overseeing my dissertation in my final year of university - when she was giving me mostly positive and constructive feedback! Humiliating at the time of course but looking back it doesn't seem as bad. :lol:
Reply 8
Original post by sinfonietta
Absolutely.

I cried in front of the woman overseeing my dissertation in my final year of university - when she was giving me mostly positive and constructive feedback! Humiliating at the time of course but looking back it doesn't seem as bad. :lol:

My teacher is the most caring person ever and he will completely understand but I just don’t want to burden him with my problems
Oh my gosh constantly. I tend to have really good working relationships with my teachers plus I'm a hot mess that gets overwhelmed easily :biggrin:
Original post by barror1
Oh my gosh constantly. I tend to have really good working relationships with my teachers plus I'm a hot mess that gets overwhelmed easily :biggrin:

How do your teachers react ?
I cried in front of a teacher in year 7 once. I realised I had left my money for lunch at home, and realised I wouldn't have been able to eat anything until I got home. Instead of telling her that so she could have told the kitchen staff to give me something and I pay them the next day, I cried. But I felt stupid for crying over it and said I wasn't feeling well, so I got sent home.
My teacher is the most caring person ever and he will completely understand but I just don’t want to burden him with my problems

Teachers have a duty of pastoral care towards you so you shouldn't feel like this. If you are at the point of crying it sounds like you may benefit from talking through your feelings. Does your school have a counsellor of some kind?
Reply 13
I’m in year 12 and nearly cried today in my physics lesson over my exams and I’m quite certain I’m going to cry when he gives me my results back how would he react ?

Yeah, it happens. My teacher didn't know how to deal with it so he sent me to a school counselor, lol.
How do your teachers react ?

They're super supportive esp. because they know all of the mental stress that has been going on in my life. There's nothing wrong in trusting them :redface:
Original post by barror1
They're super supportive esp. because they know all of the mental stress that has been going on in my life. There's nothing wrong in trusting them :redface:

I would just feel like I’m stopping him from doing more important stuff if he’s there helping me.
I would just feel like I’m stopping him from doing more important stuff if he’s there helping me.

Not at all! Students cannot learn properly if they are mentally stressed, plus the teacher has a duty of care so it will be fine! Just do what you need to do.
Original post by barror1
Not at all! Students cannot learn properly if they are mentally stressed, plus the teacher has a duty of care so it will be fine! Just do what you need to do.

Thank you !
Absolutely!
In grade 12 (year 13?) I used to have crying sessions with my English Lit teacher because she thought the way I was holding back my emotions was affecting my work :colondollar:

Cry a little...of course not publicly ....but it's nice for your well being. When you feel u gonna burst if you keep bottling it up ...let it out. Personally am the emotional type and i owe nobody an apology for being one.But don't worry
Everything's gonna be okay
Everything's gonna be alright
It's gonna be a good good life thet's what my mama says'

Quick Reply

Latest