The Student Room Group

ict

hey , i really want to go into to a career around ICT , software development and coding however i was wondering what sort of things i could do outside of school to enhance by knowledge of these areas. Also , what type of work experience do you think is best suited for this pathway.
Original post by MKA345
hey , i really want to go into to a career around ICT , software development and coding however i was wondering what sort of things i could do outside of school to enhance by knowledge of these areas. Also , what type of work experience do you think is best suited for this pathway.

ICT is very wide term, what do you find the most interesting?
Reply 2
i would say i find coding very interesting , i have only recently tried to start learning coding language such as java script
Original post by JohnDoughnut
ICT is very wide term, what do you find the most interesting?
coding is a method of building something ... what do you want to code?
Original post by MKA345
i would say i find coding very interesting , i have only recently tried to start learning coding language such as java script
Reply 4
like games or apps
coding is a method of building something ... what do you want to code?
if you want to make games try to learn "coding" alongside with some decent engines like Unity or UnrealEngine4, also, you can test your skills on HackerRank and CodeWars. C++ is pretty much the industry standard for everything apart of Unity. There are many tutorials on YouTube.

I work with ML/DL (artificial Intelligence) I often use Unreal Engine for simulations it's a powerful set of tools, and it is free. It will keep you busy for a very, very, long time.

Try to watch HarvardX series on algorithms, it maths is too much KhanAcademy is there to save you. :biggrin:
Original post by MKA345
like games or apps
Reply 6
if you want to make games try to learn "coding" alongside with some decent engines like Unity or UnrealEngine4, also, you can test your skills on HackerRank and CodeWars. C++ is pretty much the industry standard for everything apart of Unity. There are many tutorials on YouTube.

I work with ML/DL (artificial Intelligence) I often use Unreal Engine for simulations it's a powerful set of tools, and it is free. It will keep you busy for a very, very, long time.

Try to watch HarvardX series on algorithms, it maths is too much KhanAcademy is there to save you. :biggrin:

thank you this is very helpful
For work experience, or just general volunteering, you might want to have a look at coding clubs, they do them at my local library and it's something I have been meaning to volunteer with. More info here: https://codeclub.org/en/

For work experience, you could find local firms who do software development and coding, they may be able to offer you a place - hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest