The Student Room Group

Left or Right hands?

As some might know, im a left handed and being one comes with prons and cons. One of prons is that i can eat while doing my works (my fav) but cons is some tables are made for righties, ended up using 2 tables (one for sitting, one for writing)

I understand the lefties but i bet righties do also have its prons and cons? Kindly both lefties n righties share the experience please :smile:

Scroll to see replies

when writing on whiteboard with right hand, students cannot see what was written because of the writer's body obstructing their view. With left handed lectures, students can write along with their lectures' speed.
Reply 2
Original post by Nabelle
As some might know, im a left handed and being one comes with prons and cons. One of prons is that i can eat while doing my works (my fav) but cons is some tables are made for righties, ended up using 2 tables (one for sitting, one for writing)

I understand the lefties but i bet righties do also have its prons and cons? Kindly both lefties n righties share the experience please :smile:

You have two hands. Anyone with two hands can eat and work at the same time.

Also tables aren't made for righties. They're flat and have no bias. Wherever did you get that nonsense from?

I'm ambidextrous.
Lefty con - smudging fresh writing as you write.

^ Why I got an ipad and apple pen
Reply 4
Original post by ZombieTheWolf

Does this even happen though? I use a fountain pen and have never smudged when writing left-handed. If you're smudging then your posture is wrong.
Original post by Tootles
Does this even happen though? I use a fountain pen and have never smudged when writing left-handed. If you're smudging then your posture is wrong.

Yes, it's extremely common. Pls stop dissing my hand posture fam, it's beautiful thank you very much
Reply 6
Yes, it's extremely common. Pls stop dissing my hand posture fam, it's beautiful thank you very much

I suppose you're one of those who curls your wrist all round and writes sideways :rolleyes:
Righty

Con-Since I drive with my right hand, I can't rest it on the window and look uber-cool
Reply 8
Original post by Tootles
You have two hands. Anyone with two hands can eat and work at the same time.

Also tables aren't made for righties. They're flat and have no bias. Wherever did you get that nonsense from?

I'm ambidextrous.

IMG_20190411_143526.jpg
That type of table, and the one here that i used are quite smaller than that- limited area to write.

by eating i mean while holding the foods while writing my work, the society here believe that eating should only be use with right hand :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ddsizebra
when writing on whiteboard with right hand, students cannot see what was written because of the writer's body obstructing their view. With left handed lectures, students can write along with their lectures' speed.

Trueee but sometimes me writing on the board got the sentence before got rub by my back hand 😂
Reply 10

So true! Thats why i use other pens than the inky pens though they look cool when using ones :smile: (plus i have tendency of spilling on my work so 😂)
I’m left handed and have had to get used to it : my writing ✍️ is atrocious though. My mum was born left handed but in those days left handed ness was supposed to be the work of the devil 👿 ( I think maybe the devil was supposed to be left handed) so she was forced to learn to write right handed. She ended up ambidextrous.
I’m left handed and I use fountain pens without smudging at all. As Tootles said, if you’re smudging then it means your hand posture is wrong and that you’re lazily dragging it over the paper.
Original post by nabelle
as some might know, im a left handed and being one comes with prons and cons. One of prons is that i can eat while doing my works (my fav) but cons is some tables are made for righties, ended up using 2 tables (one for sitting, one for writing)

i understand the lefties but i bet righties do also have its prons and cons? Kindly both lefties n righties share the experience please :smile:

i use right hand for.....................anything........but not for one thing lol
Ok, I’m trying to eat my lunch, lol xx
Original post by Oxford Mum
I’m left handed and have had to get used to it : my writing ✍️ is atrocious though. My mum was born left handed but in those days left handed ness was supposed to be the work of the devil 👿 ( I think maybe the devil was supposed to be left handed) so she was forced to learn to write right handed. She ended up ambidextrous.

It's called the "right" hand for a reason, eh? :wink:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I’m left handed and I use fountain pens without smudging at all. As Tootles said, if you’re smudging then it means your hand posture is wrong and that you’re lazily dragging it over the paper.

What's the correct posture? :s all my lefty friends laugh about the smudging with me so I never assumed it was wrong hand posture.

edit - I googled this correct hand posture and it seems I'm already doing it, unless it's the wrong one?
(edited 5 years ago)
:sucks:
I guess with a title of left hands/right hands it was never gonna be thrilling 😞
I think the same: right hand to write to eat to bring to do something, the left to enjoy myself coz it is as another people touche me ....lol
It's called the "right" hand for a reason, eh? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest