The Student Room Group

Wrong side of road, help!!

I’m an anxious driver and today something has thrown me off and I’m worried if I will get reported, sorry to jump on this post but if anyone sees this response please tell me if you think I would be reported or not. I know it’s each to their own on if they’d report or not. So coming out of a super market car park I’m turning right and my power steering goes (common fault with my car ) and it seized the steering wheel up completely which by this point I’m now on the right hand side of the road instead of being on the left side and being at the correct give way sign. Nobody was coming from left or right to turn into my pathway (luckily) but someone opposite me was behind their give way line and clearly wanted to continue on straight ahead where I was in his pathway, by the time I saw him doing angry arm gestures to me, the power steering had sorted and left and right hand side was clear so I took the opportunity to just do my right turn to go home. I’m wondering if the man opposite me doing angry arms (who was still waiting behind the give way line his end) was likely to report me if he grabbed my number plate as obviously, fair enough I was in the wrong side of the road. I didn’t have my hazards on I was going to put them on if anyone was coming towards my direction obviously. It was probably only a matter of seconds if not minutes but it felt like a life time. Just to clarify NO accidents happened, no crashes, no scrapes, no bumps, no cars piling up.

Any opinions greatly appreciated x
Original post by Mehhh2804
I’m an anxious driver and today something has thrown me off and I’m worried if I will get reported, sorry to jump on this post but if anyone sees this response please tell me if you think I would be reported or not. I know it’s each to their own on if they’d report or not. So coming out of a super market car park I’m turning right and my power steering goes (common fault with my car ) and it seized the steering wheel up completely which by this point I’m now on the right hand side of the road instead of being on the left side and being at the correct give way sign. Nobody was coming from left or right to turn into my pathway (luckily) but someone opposite me was behind their give way line and clearly wanted to continue on straight ahead where I was in his pathway, by the time I saw him doing angry arm gestures to me, the power steering had sorted and left and right hand side was clear so I took the opportunity to just do my right turn to go home. I’m wondering if the man opposite me doing angry arms (who was still waiting behind the give way line his end) was likely to report me if he grabbed my number plate as obviously, fair enough I was in the wrong side of the road. I didn’t have my hazards on I was going to put them on if anyone was coming towards my direction obviously. It was probably only a matter of seconds if not minutes but it felt like a life time. Just to clarify NO accidents happened, no crashes, no scrapes, no bumps, no cars piling up.

Any opinions greatly appreciated x

Well, I very much hope that he did report you as that may be the only thing that'll persuade you to get your power steering fixed. Why have you not got it sorted yet?!

Your car is clearly extremely dangerous right now (as evidenced by what you've written above) and shouldn't be on the road.
Get the car sorted ASAP. You can be prosecuted for driving it in this state.
Original post by DataVenia
Well, I very much hope that he did report you as that may be the only thing that'll persuade you to get your power steering fixed. Why have you not got it sorted yet?!
Your car is clearly extremely dangerous right now (as evidenced by what you've written above) and shouldn't be on the road.
Actually, I have had it fixed but it clearly has gone again.
I’m aware it’s a dangerous fault. I feel terrible enough right now without you bashing me about power steering like i choose for that to happen today.
It’s a common fault with my model of car, literally.
Original post by DataVenia

Jumping to conclusions a wee bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending