The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

anything non white
Original post by Nickierose21
My mom is dark brown my dad was a light olive complexion

my dad was English Italian and lebanse/Algeria descent. I am 53% African descent so he was at least a little over a sixth African descent himself. My mom is west African descent 100%.

You're black darling. Sleep well. And yes I'm bumping this thread idc.
my dad was English Italian and lebanse/Algeria descent. I am 53% African descent so he was at least a little over a sixth African descent himself. My mom is west African descent 100%.

So you're mixed race then. A mixture of west African, Lebanese, Algerian and English Italian
Imo, as long as you're no more of 60% of any ethnicity, you're mixed
Original post by 0to100
You're black darling. Sleep well. And yes I'm bumping this thread idc.

I identify as black I agree
Original post by cherryred90s
So you're mixed race then. A mixture of west African, Lebanese, Algerian and English Italian

Yeah but Algerian is black too
Original post by Another
Imo, as long as you're no more of 60% of any ethnicity, you're mixed

I don't know about that, I consider Jessica Alba mixed and she is ..

[
72.7% European
22.5% Native American (Indigenous Mexican)
2.0% Sub-Saharan African
0.3% Middle Eastern and North African
0.1% South Asian
2.4% No match
]

English Italian isn't black

Wot. Algerians aren't black, pls

Original post by XOR_
I don't know about that, I consider Jessica Alba mixed and she is ..

[
72.7% European
22.5% Native American (Indigenous Mexican)
2.0% Sub-Saharan African
0.3% Middle Eastern and North African
0.1% South Asian
2.4% No match
]

I'd have considered her white. People who are 70, 75, 80% majority race, they tend not to look mixed at all
Reply 29
Does being quarter black count as being mixed race? Some people say it doesnt
Reply 30
Yess thank you!!!! I think I like to identify as mixed because I just don’t like identifying as white as it makes me feel weird as 50% of me connects to a background where we thought we were superior and still to this day are considered privileged! But when I say to ppl that I’m mixed they look at me as if I’m joking as I am the epitome of a “typical” white person ie blonde haired and blue eyed however I’m 50% white and 25% Middle Eastern/Mediterranean with a possibility of a bit of North African. So I would appreciate your opinions on wether you would consider me white European or Mixed?
mixed race means your parents are two totally different races!! jesus!! :facepalm2:
Original post by Aelli
I'm 50% white and 25% Middle Eastern/Mediterranean with a possibility of a bit of North African. So I would appreciate your opinions on wether you would consider me white European or Mixed?

50% and 25%? don't add up, Miss.
Reply 33
Burberry they are 🤦🏼*♀️ My mum is half white half middle eastern/North African and my dad is a white New Zealander

Original post by Bang Outta Order
mixed race means your parents are two totally different races!! jesus!! :facepalm2:
Reply 34
I know, I forgot to mention I’m also 25% kiwi (from New Zealand)
50% and 25%? don't add up, Miss.
Original post by Aelli
Yess thank you!!!! I think I like to identify as mixed because I just don’t like identifying as white as it makes me feel weird as 50% of me connects to a background where we thought we were superior and still to this day are considered privileged! But when I say to ppl that I’m mixed they look at me as if I’m joking as I am the epitome of a “typical” white person ie blonde haired and blue eyed however I’m 50% white and 25% Middle Eastern/Mediterranean with a possibility of a bit of North African. So I would appreciate your opinions on wether you would consider me white European or Mixed?

whats the other 25% then? if you are 50% white, that alone says you are not white. :indiff: regardless of how you look as genetics are random. rihanna is a bit over 75% black, but has fair hair, eyes, and skin. still black. just genetically came out looking light. i know people with fully black black BLACK mums and a white dad and they come out with silky silky blond hair lol. i know people with white mums and black black Idris Elba dads, and come out looking like Naomie Harris...my sisters are blond, im brunet. doesn't mean im not related to em lol. looks doesnt make them more or less what they are. You are not white. You are mixed. If you wanna embrace your nonwhite roots but still call yourself white because of how you look, then ok but not because of being 50% white.
Reply 36
The other 25% is from New Zealand
whats the other 25% then? if you are 50% white, that alone says you are not white. :indiff: regardless of how you look as genetics are random. rihanna is a bit over 75% black, but has fair hair, eyes, and skin. still black. just genetically came out looking light. i know people with fully black black BLACK mums and a white dad and they come out with silky silky blond hair lol. i know people with white mums and black black Idris Elba dads, and come out looking like Naomie Harris...my sisters are blond, im brunet. doesn't mean im not related to em lol. looks doesnt make them more or less what they are. You are not white. You are mixed. If you wanna embrace your nonwhite roots but still call yourself white because of how you look, then ok but not because of being 50% white.
Original post by Aelli
The other 25% is from New Zealand

what? what does that even mean? are you Maori? :mmm: :rofl:
Reply 38
Wish I was but NO am I New Zealander from Scottish routes fun fact I’m from the Mc Gregor clan I think 🤔
what? what does that even mean? are you Maori? :mmm: :rofl:
I'm 31% sinhalese (Sri Lankan) and 77% White. But I've got more sinhalese features than European ones. So I identify as mixed race, also because no one ever believes me if I say I'm white. My mum is mixed, half Asian and half white and my dad is white. My brother easily passes as white whereas I do not. Where the numbers come in tho, I've always worried that I can't really identify as anything because I'm not enough Asian, and I don't look white. So on either side its kinda hard to define.

Latest